USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 110 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2012, 09:01 PM   #1091
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Easier than that:

Store value of register in a variable, set or clear bits of interest, done. Optionally save value in eeprom.
Old 30th December 2012, 11:13 AM   #1092
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Easier than that:

Store value of register in a variable, set or clear bits of interest, done. Optionally save value in eeprom.
I do not think you got the "message"

The problem are however that the bits of interest are "set or cleared" from different parts of the code...
When a register have multiple functions the code may by "accident" change some unintended bits... and "forget" to change the displayed info accordingly etc. etc..

I have gone a bit further as I split each function of a register (as shown in my example) in separate variables and when changing one function only that functions variable are tinkered with. Thus when writing to the register all the variables a register may contain are summed (as shown in my example) - this allows the correct use of absolutely all combinations of a register failsafe.

I also (of course) both saves and recalls all variable to / from EEPROM.
Each configured input (I2S/PCM, I2S/DSD and SPDIF (multiple of all of them) also have separate sets of variables stored / recalled to allow the DAC optimized register settings pr. input. When register settings for one input have been tweaked optimally only a push of a button on the remote are needed to save all associated register values for that input to EEPROM. Thus each input can have different quantizer, DPLL, filter etc. settings and when the input selection are changed the DAC chip are reprogrammed optimally for each separate input device.
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:44 AM   #1093
diyAudio Member

Default 32 Bit playback possible under Jriver?

Hi,

I have finally had the time to play a bit with the Amanero adapter. I updated to the latest firmware and driver version 1.56.

I can select a 32 bit output format for foobar but I get an error when I do that for Jriver. I will check again tomorrow when I have access to that system but I seem to remembers that this works fine in Jriver with the Musiland adapter.

Cheers

Thomas
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:56 AM   #1094
amanero is offline amanero  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas, use MediaCenter 18 output 32 bit in integer mode not in floating point
Cheers,
Domenico
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:09 PM   #1095
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone!
I ve had problem with recognizing device under Mac OS and win 7, so i upgraded firmware and installed newest driver - 1.0.56 - for win. After resolving that issue, i ve tried to connect amanero with Ak 4396, on this way:
amanero - ak dac

pin3 data - data
pin4 bclk - sclk
pin5 fsclk - lrck
pin8 gnd - gnd

No sound at all, Mac or Win7 - just noise on mac, silence on win. Is there anything wrong with setup? (with teralink USB-I2S everything works as earlier..)

Amanero is revD - if that is some important for helping me

Thanks for helping in advance!
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:46 PM   #1096
ultrafi is offline ultrafi  United States
diyAudio Member

In OS X, did you go into Audio Midi and set it to something less than 384k?
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:55 PM   #1097
diyAudio Member

yes
Old 2nd January 2013, 07:14 PM   #1098
amanero is offline amanero  Italy
diyAudio Member

MCLK?
Old 2nd January 2013, 07:17 PM   #1099
diyAudio Member

so, i will try with it.. i thought there is not need for MCLK - will inform u soon - thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 07:52 PM   #1100
diyAudio Member

yeeesss - now it works - tried on mac - perfectly..he he he. . just to hide out how to play dsd stuff on mac and i can fly and just to find out why kubuntu doesnt get me to use amanero as option for audio playback - i can see it in audio hardware, but not in the list where i can choose what device i want to use for playing music - then, i come to italia and buy huge booootle of finest beer to me domenico

Hide this!Advertise here!