• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Combined Onaudio thread. (23 threads)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PC board order info

Hello
I'm interested on one pair SYMEF amplifier ad also on these "PC boards attached" one pair...
How I can order or participate in the "group buy"
Greetings Gabor:)

Attachments

• 1DIFFQCTIP142PCB2.jpg
    1DIFFQCTIP142PCB2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 181
Joined 2004
Paid Member
How to attach the output transistors

My SYMEF type 2 PCBs arrived and look great. Thanks HAL. They seem the same as this draft, at least regarding the orientaion of the output transistors.

I am puzzled however with the orientation of the output transistors. How do I attach them to the heatsink and get the leads in the right PCB orientation as shown.

I'll appreciate an explanation; picture would be even better.

Thanks,
Francois

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Evette,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that if the output transistors are mounted to a heatsink (with the metal tabs on the heatsink) then the leads have to be "switched" to match the PCB orientation of the leads. Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks.
Francois

Hi Francois,

As Joe put it lay the transistors flat on heat-sink and bend pins up . This will be an art. Attached is a sample. You need to watch the clearance of the bolt head from the PCB.

Have fun :)

Attachments

• sample.png
    sample.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
1. Place unpopulated PCB on heat-sink.
2. Use ink to mark the lead positions on the heat-sink.
3. Place transistors on heat sink with the pins bent straight up
4. Align the transistors leads with the ink marks
5. Use ink to mark the mounting holes of each transistor
6. Drill mounting holes
7. Mount transistors
8. Populate PCB
9. Place PCB over transistors
10. solder the transistors

Last edited:
The link to the BoM appears to have changed (due to thread moving?). Be grateful for another link as my mac seems to have lost (which is my fault) the original download!!

Can you perhaps point me in the right direction? Mainly interested in BoM for latest boards.

Many thanks,

B

EDIT: just found the latest revision in .pdf format, but it will not open (for me) on Mac 10.7.5.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.