• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ODAC offerings from Various Vendors

Do you want an ODAC back panel for the O2?

• yes for sure!

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • I want to use the ODAC as stand alone unit.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I'd rather wait for the ODA...

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Pre-orders for the ODAC will be taken by mail or PM for now until a forum friendly solution has been put in place.
All orders placed in my original ODAC thread have been recorded. The below offers for the O2 are still valid.

Stefan

Dear fellow DIY'ers,

after seeing another group buy going sour I thought about it for a long time - what could be done better and what will improve things for you, the buyers...
Issues faced are usually long waiting times and missing out on the GB at all. So I came up with the following:

Open a small web shop, get all parts needed in advance, re-stock before sold out. If this is done right there should be no longer waiting period then the post office needs to actually deliver your items.

So I took the risk to spend quite a bit (actually a lot) of money in advance and stocked up a small shop. Holiday season (well deserved 4 weeks off) will delay the opening by a few weeks, but better opening a bit later then opening and then closing again after a weeks time and people waiting for their orders...

So opening time of the web shop will be 2nd of May 2012

Items on offer so far will be:

Objective2 Headphone Amplifier

Parts stocked already (I set the quantities down to zero not to get a premature order):treasure::

• PCB
  • Part Kit (including SIP sockets and gain resistor set)
  • Desktop version parts (RCA sockets and 6.3mm Headphone socket)
  • Rechargable Batteries
  • Aluminium knobs for volume control in silver and black
  • 220V/15V AC 500mA power supplies with EURO plug

soon to come (ordered already, delivery expected first week of May):

• aluminum enclosures for the O2 anodized black and silver
  • matching front and back panels
  • front panels with all break outs and silk screen (compatible with the B2 case if you drill out the mounting holes) silver and black

I will also offer fully assembled and tested O2's from May onwards for below 150 USD.
Other things in the pipeline are the ODAC (pre-ordered already) and the ODA once the gerber files and BOM are made available by RS. There will be a custom aluminum case for the ODA and ODA/ODAC available as well, but this might take a bit as I need the measurements first in order for the extrusion tools being made. Color wise they will be black and silver as well with a brushed and anodized surface finish. If there is an interest for back panels with an USB break out for the O2/ODAC combination I could get this made as well.

I will also gladly host other projects for the DIY community, just approach me by PM and we can sort something out.

As an opening bonus I will offer 5% discount on every order I receive during the first month, all you need to do is insert the voucher code "diyaudio" at checkout.
Payment can be done by Paypal (international) or bank transfer (European union). Credit Card payments are accepted via Paypal as well. Shipment will be made within 48 hours after payment has been received.

You are welcome to have a peak around on the page and the shop, criticism and suggestions are more then welcome. There are still a few pictures missing, I will see that I get some made this weekend or early next week.

So happy soldering to all of you,

Stefan

Last edited:
Dear all,

I just got word from NwAvGuy's partner that the ODAC is gone in production. The estimated time of arival here is end of May.
I will take pre-orders from now on in this thread. Orders placed here are for the fully asembled ODAC board only, you will need to look for a case yourself for now. Once I have the board in hand I will get the measurements for back panels that will fit the O2 if desired, I will add a poll to this thread later on today to see if you folks are interrested.

For the pre-orders, please leave:

Your DIYaudio name ; country ; quantity

And copy the list through adding your details to the bottom please. I will contact you all by PM at the begin of May for the details needed.

Most important thing, the price - 124.95 CHF plus shipping. 5 CHF per pop will be donated to the
forum.

So, now I am off, back to the beach...

Stefan

Price review...

Dear all,

I just got word from NwAvGuy's partner that the ODAC is gone in production. The estimated time of arival here is end of May.
I will take pre-orders from now on in this thread. Orders placed here are for the fully asembled ODAC board only, you will need to look for a case yourself for now. Once I have the board in hand I will get the measurements for back panels that will fit the O2 if desired, I will add a poll to this thread later on today to see if you folks are interrested.

For the pre-orders, please leave:

Your DIYaudio name ; country ; quantity

And copy the list through adding your details to the bottom please. I will contact you all by PM at the begin of May for the details needed.

Most important thing, the price - 124.95 CHF plus shipping. 5 CHF per pop will be donated to the
forum.

So, now I am off, back to the beach...

Stefan

Noticed that the price was off a bit :2c: ...

Price for the ODAC will be 99.90 CHF inc. Swiss VAT + shipping, for buyers outside of Switzerland it will cost 92.50 CHF + shipping.

Stefan

I'll be interested in a o2-components kit! But what about a Cmoy kit?

Hi everlong,

no problem with the O2 kits, just order as many as you like once I am back from vacation. ;)

regarding the Cmoy, this is a different story... There are so many flavors of Cmoy out there that it will be hard to anticipate the taste of everyone. What I will do though is stocking the basic parts needed in my store, so people can choose how they'd like it.
At a later stage I will probably add an own interpretation for a Cmoy, but at the moment this is far from being completed.

Stefan

ODAC .. questions and answers related to this device

The ODAC, an Objective DAC, is a companion DAC for NwAvGuy's O2 and ODA headphone amplifiers.

The result of 5 prototypes and many months of tweaking is a device that actually meets the manufacturers specifications instead of being a marketing number.

hmm I wonder who this new member called ODAC is, this is a non commercial site, there are sponsors, but they still cannot post promotional threads in open forum. not really cool. do remember we actually EXPECT devices promoted in this forum to meet their specification.

I don't know.. Someone on the O2 thread asked why there wasn't an ODAC thread. I waited and since there were no takers I created it.
Nothing sinister and since there is no moderation I exert no control on the contents.

Once there is more information available on the ODAC I expect the thread to pick up. Right now it is just a place holder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.