• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ODAC offerings from Various Vendors

Do you want an ODAC back panel for the O2?

• yes for sure!

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • I want to use the ODAC as stand alone unit.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I'd rather wait for the ODA...

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any estimate on postage for the ODAC?

Also I would be also interested in a black back panel for the B003 enclosure (the bigger one).

Hi lorriman,

currently I have no back panels planned for the B003, as I will rather invest the tooling cost that comes with it in the cases and panels for the ODA. Depending on its size the panels might fit the B003 as well or the O2 will fit in the ODA case.

As for shipping cost, I have to check the weight once back from vacation, will let you know then.

Stefan

ODAC pre-orders - Europe

Taken this part out of my O2 and other stuff GB thread for better visibility:

Dear all,

I just got word from NwAvGuy's partner that the ODAC is gone in production. The estimated time of arival here is end of May.
I will take pre-orders from now on in this thread. Orders placed here are for the fully asembled ODAC board only, you will need to look for a case yourself for now. Once I have the board in hand I will get the measurements for back panels that will fit the O2 if desired, I will add a poll to this thread later on today to see if you folks are interrested.

For the pre-orders, please leave:

Your diyAudio name ; country ; quantity

And copy the list through adding your details to the bottom please. I will contact you all by PM at the begin of May for the details needed.

Price for the ODAC will be 99.90 CHF inc. Swiss VAT + shipping for Swiss buyers, for buyers outside of Switzerland cost will be 92.50 CHF + shipping.

5 CHF from every pre-ordered ODAC will be donated to diyAudio forum.

shipping cost for letter post (estimated weight 100 gr):

uninsured and without tracking
economy priority
Switzerland: 1.85 CHF [2.10 CHF] 2.00 CHF [2.30 CHF]
Europe: 3.90 CHF [5.90 CHF] 4.70 CHF [8.00 CHF]
Rest of the World: 4.60 CHF [7.30 CHF] 6.00 CHF [10.50 CHF]

insured and with tracking (priority mail only)
Switzerland: 5.50 CHF [5.80 CHF]
Europe: 10.70 CHF [14.00 CHF]
Rest of the World: 12.00 CHF [16.50 CHF]

[next higher postage bracket 250 gr]

Your ODAC will be shipped in a sturdy cardboard box for protection.

I am still waiting for my business account with Swiss Post, this should reduce the shipping prices - hopefully...

Stefan

Last edited:
yeah I dont get it, why use a 12Mhz clock when the majority of users will be playing 44.1khz material, if you must use only 1 clock, why not choose one that natively handles these integers and only PLL on the 48x lesser used material? makes no sense to me unless perhaps the same clock is also used for the MCU section, which just seems an odd compromise

Last edited:
I've been digging just now for a datasheet for this TE7022L - has anyone else got a link?

I've seen a few references to implementations of this chip and only having a 12MHz clock. Is it a limitation of the USB interface chip that was used in this design perhaps? In that case, were other USB interfaces tested? Anything to back up the assertion below?

nwavguy blog post said:
The XMOS solution requires an expensive license and proprietary windows drivers and offers no audible benefit.

I have noticed that the analogue stage used in the open source usb to i2s devices by George (schematics here in tar.bz2 file) with the same ES9023 DAC chip used a dual freq XO (Si532). So I'm quite interested to hear about why when an existing design George had produced used 2 XOs, now the newer ODAC design has only 1. I wonder if any comparisons were made with that particular solution perhaps?

Last edited:
The TE7022L is covered by an NDA and you will find nothing other than a brief product brochure floating about.

I looked at the XMOS as a potential candidate and it too is covered by an NDA for the software. The open source audio widget was looked at but physically it would not work as a retro fit to the O2 and does not fully support the driver-less UAC1 mode

If you wish clarification of NwAvGuy's comment you should post a query on his blog.

The TE7022L is a UAC1 engine running on a 12mbps USB line. All necessary clocks are derived from the 12mhz crystal. This is pretty much standard for high-speed USB devices.

The widget UAC2 engine is a totally different beast than the TE7022L. The 'widgets' use the Atmel SSC (serial synchronous communication) to generate the I2S signals. A subset of the UAC1/2 protocol is written in 'C' and there were plenty of programming tricks used to achieve 24bit/192k with rate feedback. My implementation of the audio-widget uses a dual-frequency Si532 to feed the SSC hardware while Borge Strand-Bergesen's design uses separate XO's with switching circuitry.

In a nutshell: USB to I2S solutions for the DIY'er are few and far between. The "audio widget" is the only open source design I know of. As for commercial products you only have to poke inside the USB based devices you already own to see few chip sets there are.
The Tenor TE7022L is a UAC1 device and was a better fit with NwAvGuy's needs than the other devices I have on my bench.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.