ODAC offerings from Various Vendors - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Do you want an ODAC back panel for the O2?
yes for sure! 28 42.42%
I want to use the ODAC as stand alone unit. 21 31.82%
I'd rather wait for the ODA... 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th April 2012, 09:44 PM   #111
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Are schematics and layouts publicly available for this device? If so, where do I find them? If not, this is one of several promotional threads for a commercial item, and the threads will be merged and put into the Vendors forum.
Old 20th April 2012, 09:52 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

You can find the reference schematics on the XMOS page.

I am planning to create, if possible, a XMOS based DIY USB-I2S engine similiar to the Atmel based audio-widget. This will be a base module for an open-source ODAC.

All of this is dependant on XMOS policy regarding their usb library.

George
Old 20th April 2012, 09:54 PM   #113
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBoudreau View Post
You can find the reference schematics on the XMOS page.
By "reference schematic," do you mean the actual full schematic of the device being sold here?
Old 20th April 2012, 10:02 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
yeah I dont get it, why use a 12Mhz clock when the majority of users will be playing 44.1khz material
A reference clock is necessary at any USB target device for internal circuitry that recovers the clock from the USB host interface data (desktop, laptop, etc). This reference clock is also often used as the reference clock for an internal PLL that generates the audio master clock for its Audio interfaces.

It appears that the 9023 clock is driven from the pin 3 output on the 7022 in this case

Cheers,
Dave
Old 20th April 2012, 10:07 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
By "reference schematic," do you mean the actual full schematic of the device being sold here?
The reference schematic refers to the XMOS evaluation board.

I am hoping the group will be able to create a DIY USB->I2S board based on the XMOS cpu product. If XMOS is friendly with their audio library this may be possible. If they require restrictive licensing then a different processor will have to be looked at.

The end target is an open source ODAC with full schematics and firmware available.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:10 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzfish View Post
A reference clock is necessary at any USB target device for internal circuitry that recovers the clock from the USB host interface data (desktop, laptop, etc). This reference clock is also often used as the reference clock for an internal PLL that generates the audio master clock for its Audio interfaces.

It appears that the 9023 clock is driven from the pin 3 output on the 7022 in this case

Cheers,
Dave
That is correct. The I2S signals are:
pin 1 L/R clock
pin 2 Data
pin 3 Master clock
pin 6 Bit clock
Old 20th April 2012, 10:46 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBoudreau View Post
The reference schematic refers to the XMOS evaluation board.
George, I believe SY is asking about the ODAC design not the future opportunities for an open source design...
Old 20th April 2012, 10:49 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

If he is talking about the original ODAC I will have to get back to him later when I get some clarification.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:51 PM   #119
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

UAC2 devices should be backwards compatible, so there should be no need for doing anything but the UAC2 driver. AFAIK a UAC2 device should drop back to 'UAC1.1' at 96khz if no UAC2 support is available.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:53 PM   #120
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzfish View Post

Cheers,
Dave
I realised that after thinking about it, but I wasnt aware it had to share. thats why I asked if it was because it was shared with the MCU etc. it doesnt have to be shared with the audio clocks does it? I realise many do this, but certainly not all. the same is done with many of the UAC2 designs IE. they have a 12Mhz XO thats used for usb data and for the MCU, but anything I would consider has its own audio clocks. I presume the USB clock is needed onboard so it can act as slave sometimes too, while still acting as i2s master as in the case of async where the device. PC side design is certainly not an area I know a whole lot about

Last edited by qusp; 20th April 2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: changed to slave, though its i2s master

Hide this!Advertise here!