• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2 (Objective 2) Headphone Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Just letting everyone know that I am indeed offering a fully built, commercial version of the Objective 2 (O2) headphone amplifier.

The next batch should be finished sometime around the end of January - place your order now to make sure you don't miss out!

The EHP-O2 is built to the latest spec as per NwAvGuy and comes with 2 rechargeable batteries and either a UK/EU/US AC adaptor as standard.

The default gains are 1x and 2.5x.

For more info, please feel free to have a gander at the website:
Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2 web page

Cheers :)

After some more listening, the initial good impression remains. It highlighted the differences between my DacMagic and my Rega DAC, which led me to use the Rega for all listening rather than the more "price comparable" DacMagic.

It also makes you think twice about stuff like power etc, when a smallish O2 with a wall-wart sits proudly next to some more "traditional" gear that's many time the I've and weight.

It'll be interesting to see what the o2+odac combo can do!

A nice review from the chaps over at Hifi Pig | Snoofling out what's hot in hifi
Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2 Portable Headphone Amplifier | Hifi Pig

They reckon it is a great bit of kit and give special mention to the very nice top end, vocals and bass. Well worth a read!

The latest batch sold out before shipping again, but an even bigger batch is now being built so that hopefully we can hold some of these popular amps in stock. That batch should start shipping in about 3 or 4 weeks, depending on when the custom panels arrive.

A quick note about shipping too - international prices are set to drop a fair amount once negotiations with our new courier are complete on Wednesday. Domestic orders will still be shipped via the Royal Mail, who offer the best value insured & tracked services for us at the moment.

Hi all,

Just letting everyone know that I am indeed offering a fully built, commercial version of the Objective 2 (O2) headphone amplifier.

The next batch should be finished sometime around the end of January - place your order now to make sure you don't miss out!

The EHP-O2 is built to the latest spec as per NwAvGuy and comes with 2 rechargeable batteries and either a UK/EU/US AC adaptor as standard.

The default gains are 1x and 2.5x.

For more info, please feel free to have a gander at the website:
Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2 web page

Cheers :)
I have 0.67 (the voltage divider nwavuy described was set up and the end result was 0.67 and 3.4). I did this because of volume range. 1.0 and 3.0 would have been better. It works but I have to switch over to Hi sooner than I would otherwise (and/or 'wind it out' further). I opened it up with the intention of changing the necessary components but quickly realized that even with 'helping hands' and a magnifier, I didn't want to take the risk with these old eyes.

The O2 is still the most customizable amp I know of in the DIY universe. You can tune it precisely to whatever cans (within reason) you use. In my case 45Ω IEMs and 250Ω Beyers. Too bad nwavguy didn't get the desktop version released before being abducted by aliens (or whatever happened).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.