Laser-Cut Front Panels in Brushed Stainless Steel - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2011, 01:48 PM   #11
muraj is offline muraj  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Very interesting. Do you have some samples, say front and back panels for a typical integrated amplifier with 4 input sources and 2 sets of speaker connections?
Front panel could be - power switch, A, B, bass, treble, balance, volume, CD, DVD, Aux, Tape.
Rear panel could be - Power chord hole, A+, A-, B+, B-, CD, DVD, Aux, Tape.
Could you post a tentative cost for such a setup?
Thanks in advance.
Old 14th November 2011, 03:49 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Pricing for the panels is on my website audesine.com and is driven by the square inch area. It doesn't matter what cutouts or connectors you have.

It is relatively more difficult to find people who will laser-cut Al, so for now, being an experimental service, I am offering the same pricing on the SS 1.6mm as well as Al panels upto 5mm thick, just to keep life simple. Eventually I suspect the 3mm Al panels will turn out cheaper.

-Ram
Old 14th November 2011, 03:55 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclecamper View Post
But I wish the metal was a bit thicker unless I just make a face cover over the existing panel. Price is definitely right!
These laser cutters here work with all kinds of material. If you can give me a drawing (.dxf or .dwg) and let me know what thickness you have in mind I'd be happy to work with them and give you a price. Typically all I need is about $100 worth of orders to get it accepted by them, so if any one person has special needs that amount to that much, we can look at more options.

Thanks for the feedback on price. Good to know I hit the nail right.

-Ram

Hide this!Advertise here!