• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Array's Sales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes! Very nice shape. I have a set of the 800 horns and drivers, and would like to build a pair of cabinets to house them. Do you know where might I obtain a schematic of the cabinet and crossover? A download DXF or DWG file format would be great, as I have Autocad on my computer. I'm also looking for the 416 woofers, or a suitable substitute. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sometimes I wish I went for the 416s instead of the 411-8As. I thought the 411s sounded sweeter. That was after many hours listening. But the 416s would still be going. No foam. Another lesson learnt. I have also wondered if the surround of the 416 would fit the 411 frame / cone.

They sounded pretty good on a Sansui G33000. Loud and clean.

Plans for the Valencia could be on the altec herritage site.

Geoff.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Geoff H said:
It's always nice to help some one make their day.

But, better to hear them, and even better to live with them - Altecs that is.

Geoff

yup.......even if I don't have any Altec in this moment (except pair of 811B) I have long history of intimacy with them ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

just a rough historical picture ;)

edit-almost forgat to say-mentioned intimacy with Altecs (then-in my youth -I didn't even realized full potentiall of that approach ; then I was misleaded that Dynaudios are mana from heaven and that any other way of thinking is plain wrong....... :Popworm: ) lead to my present way of listening to musak :clown:
paper cones,with or without horns and with or without compression drivers

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
moamps said:

Choky, you're mixing me up with vuki. Again. BTW, if you check out my site you'll see no Altecs there because vuki has left the building...:D You may contact him about Altecs if you wish via PM.

Regards,
Milan

sorry-again ;)
but I wrote about possibility that Alter Ego is altec fan ;)

anyway-if you share web site with someone,certainly you can't be light years from his audio taste ;)
if I'm wrong , please receive my humble apologies :devilr:

The Law is here to be obeyed ...............hehe

btw- in which direction Vuki left the building ? :clown:

Philips Dome Midranges AD 0211

PHILIPS DOME MIDRANGES Model AD 0211/Sq4, arguably their best midrange. They have a smooth impedance curve, just ripe for accurate crossover design. Transients will also be excellent thanks to their large ceramic magnet. 2" 4ohm voicecoils.

2" textile diaphragms are perfect. These units are 100% operational, ready for use, and as good a pair as you'll be likely to find.

Each driver weighs 2.25 lbs unpacked. Postage costs to the USA ~ $18

$45/pair

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 318
Hi Gabor, the woofers & tweeters are US$80/pair. This would make them CDN$90/pair. Shipment ~C$10 to $15. The tweeters come from a pair of Tangent TM1 loudspeakers. I haven't removed them from the baffle yet. I'll try and get some pictures to you before they get listed for auction.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.