Array's Sales - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th August 2006, 04:32 PM   #11
ARRAY is offline ARRAY  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default *** OWN ONE OF THE WORLDS' BEST DAC's - The MEITNER BIDAT ***

Here is your chance to own one of the worlds greatest DAC processors, the inimitable MEITNER BIDAT with MUSEATEX upgrades. Second only to the world reknown MEITNER IDAT, the BIDAT has a legendary pedigree. High resolution pictures of the unit perched atop a pair of Tannoy Royal Blues upon request. Undeniably the BIDAT is an incredible peice of audio engineering, as you will read below.

The Bidat incorporates similar technology to the Meitner IDAT, setting it apart from the others, and includes a few enhancements of its own.

*** The BIDAT Design Features include:

C-Lock™ anti-jitter input receiver with digitally activated oscillator control.

Dual transformers.

Four layer printed circuit board.

16 to 20 bit digital audio word input.

IDAT™ interpolation algorithm.

Combination 7350/1547 single bit output.

*** General Features:

Museatex chassis with mahogany wood side panels.

Selectable inputs (4): AES, TOSLINK, Coax, ST Glass. Selectable absolute phase. Balanced and single ended analog outputs. Optional Pre-amp remote. IEC power cord.

*** Specifications Electrical Digital filtering: 8X over sampling, DSP based "Intelligent" design.

Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 Khz +0, -0.5 dB. Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: -90dB Jitter: Less than 10 PS. No periodic jitter.

Crystal based PLL clock recovery system.

Inter channel difference (dB level/Ratio): 0.10 dB or better.

Noise, optical and electrical inputs (30 KHz BW): Less than 90 dB.

Inputs: ST glass optical, TOSlink optical (EIA), 75 Ohm coaxial, AES/EBU broadcast standard (XLR).

Outputs: Balanced stereo pair (XLR) 600 Ohms. Unbalanced pair (RCA) 300 Ohms.

Output Level: 3.5Volts RMS (Maximum) Physical Dimensions: 3" X 14.5" X 13.5" Weight: 17 Lbs.

Wired remote volume control included.

On to the MUSEATEX Updates ---------

The "Super Mod" The Bidat was originally designed with 3 separate crystal-based voltage controlled oscillators. This was unique because we had the crystals specially made to be 'pull-able' around the sample rates of 33, 44.1 and 48 KHz. This scheme worked well only if the signal coming from the digital source was within the S/PDIF spec.

In real life, many sources are not. The "super-mod" gets rid of these crystals and replaces the front-end PLL with another Meitner innovation - one that allows the Bidat to track the input even if the digital source is off-spec. The super mod is an extensive upgrade. In addition to the above, it includes changes to the power supply, power inlet, digital front-end and analog outputs.

The cost of this upgrade was $250.00 USD. The analog stage has been revised as has the power supply decoupling and the lock detection circuitry. More importantly, the DAC chip is modified to run in a much more linear fashion with lower distortion. The result is a breath taking experience. The bass rolls out at you now with a tremendous sense of foundation. The sound stage is absolutely life like and the subtle inner detail is beyond description. The Bidat Switching Power Supply.

In short, if you want what is arguably the worlds best outboard DAC, then your long search has ended. Price shall be: $2750CDN. All things considered, this is a tremendous value.

Recent Audiogon sellers of the exact same unit with identical mods realized over US$3000. Serious enquiries only please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meitner bidat 1 - opt.jpg (60.3 KB, 994 views)
Old 13th August 2006, 12:36 PM   #12
Joseph0 is offline Joseph0  United States
diyAudio Member

but what does it look like on the inside?
Old 18th August 2006, 09:06 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default *** Midrange Madness *** 7 pair for only $80! Made in Canada

For sale are 14 5inch midranges, quality manufactured in Canada by Cambridge Speakers Inc.

Although no longer in business, Cambridge was one of Canadas largest manufacturers of loudspeaker drivers and supplied drivers to Mirage, Energy and Paradigm to name a few.

All units fully functional and ready for use. They are used but in excellent condition, presentable in any baffle.

Multifaceted; useful in many, many loudspeakers that were manufactured over the years.

- 1" 8OHM voicecoil on aluminum former

- Treated paper cone

- Sealed rear chamber (Cambridge used a fibreglass stuffing ring within for smoother response)

- Magnet structure choices are square and round. The round are a larger ceramic ring. 4 pair round, 3 pair square. All drivers are identical except for magnet structure.

- Treated with real compound, the cloth edge remains permanently flexible, never any replacement required (unlike foam).

$80 for the 7 pair and as a lot - that is only $5.70 a peice!

Stock up because you'll never know when you need a quality midrange.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midrange medley slimmed.jpg (99.3 KB, 535 views)
Old 22nd August 2006, 07:12 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Got any parameter data on these?

T/S parameters, of at least (supposed) range values?
Old 29th August 2006, 04:29 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default WANTED - Hitachi Tweeters H-22 MH-35

Hi, I am looking for some Hitachi tweeters, two different pairs in total. The first is a set of model MH-35 which come a pair of HS-400.

The second set is model H-22 from a pair of HS-530

The HS-530 is a 3-way, the HS-400 a two way.

The drivers used aluminum diaphragms. i have the systems but the tweeters are lightly toasted. I'd rather put in some working ones than rebuild the ones I have.
I have pictures if you need them for ID purposes...
Old 29th August 2006, 10:30 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi Joseph, if you are interested in buying these I can take some pictures of the interior. Yes, the goodies are all inside
Old 29th August 2006, 10:34 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Hi there, I'd be more than happy to run one up one on the signal oscillator for the buyer. They use different magnets so one of each would have to be measured up.
Old 29th August 2006, 10:34 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
You can see the pics here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...119#post899119
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 29th August 2006, 10:36 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

i'd be interested if I had the money. very sorry to proclaim I do not.
many pictures of the Meitner BIDAT may be found here however:
BiDAT/Meitner/MuseaTex/
thanks for responding.
Old 29th August 2006, 10:37 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

you beat me to it, peter!
anyway, very sorry to lead you on with a bit of a stupid joke on a whim.

Hide this!Advertise here!