• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Array's Sales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AKAI Foster " Fe-103a " fullrange pair

Here are a pair of fully functioning 1970's AKAI "Foster FE-103a" fullrange loudspeaker drivers. 8 ohm nominal impedance. Black cloth suspension is nice and tight to the cone (unlike 50% of all Foster FE-103a). The magnet slug is hefty, just like the Foster. T-Line, Classic bass reflex or even as a dreamy mid.

c$55 + Canada Post

Attachments

• IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 227
This pair long since sold...

Hi everybody,

I have some 12 years old loudspeakers at home. They

use JVC HSW 1199-01DAS AND HSW 1199-01FCS

ribbon tweeters. Two of them are broken so I am

looking for replacement. I know that these tweeters

were made not only under JVC mark but also under

other brands, so maybe anybody can help me to find a

company which still sells them for reasonable price, or

maybe somebody has it at home and would like to sell

it. I appreciate any help, thanks.:confused:
JVC Dyna-Flat Ribbon Supertweeters, made in Japan.

These were used in JVC's top dog ZERO series

loudpeakers from the late 70's. JVC's inhouse

HSW1199-01FCS

Rare Realistic 5" Fullrange Pair

These actually are rare, probably 50 times that of an FE-103a. I've never seen or heard of a set before and there isn't much on the net about them.

But! They are a very nice driver.

( This guy has used them and they're his fav:

Fave single driver speaker - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com )

Cat# 40-1311 - 5" Fullrange. Paper cone, aluminum dustcap, 1" v.c. and very healthy basket castings. High compliance cloth edge with real compound from the factory. Japanese, and I'd hazard a guess at Foster as the manufacturer. These were obtained from the original owner. If you want rare vintage construction and build quality in an el economico driver here they is.

I don't know how much postage will be to your location and I'll only do a grand total for a committed buyer (i.e. someone who says "YES - I'll TAKE them" hands down).

c$75 for the set.

I'll certainly build something with them if I don't get the asking money... sorry to sound harsh but I'm not dicking around for 75 bucks.

Attachments

• IMG_2143.JPG
    IMG_2143.JPG
    631.7 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_2145.JPG
    815.4 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_2148.JPG
    IMG_2148.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 422
YES! that's the one's! I remember these very well! A friend had made a set of boxes with one of these and a soft dome tweeter for his 1973 Olds Tornado with a Rockford Fosgate amp and preamp! These worked very well as midrange drivers. not much bass as i recall but very good mids, I would love to see someone do a full range with these!

Zc

Hi Fud, actually the preferred method of payment is in silver coin but that medium works best if locally transacted of course. I don't have paypal or online banking (I've never had a credit card) - Madness isn't it? Cash or International Postal money order works well though.

KEF T27 Tweeter Pair

KEF T-27 tweeter pair (see photos for label and condition). Ready for use. Originated from a pair of consec. serial # cabinets.

C$80 cash/ M.O. + canada post (from R2M-5R3 - have a look at my other ad for postage details)

Attachments

• IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 141
I remember those very well. Didn't sell well, lasted only 3 years? First 'high-end' FR I was acquainted with. Made more than one set with those. Can't remember how many newspapers I had to deliver to afford them. Yes, the bass was a bit light but one box I made was the equivalent of a TL and they were fine. Back then, there was no need for a tweeter. With the aluminum cap right on the coil, the top end was fine.

Not sure where you arrived at the price. Is that an interpolation of today's market value?

I remember those very well. Didn't sell well, lasted only 3 years? First 'high-end' FR I was acquainted with. Made more than one set with those. Can't remember how many newspapers I had to deliver to afford them. Yes, the bass was a bit light but one box I made was the equivalent of a TL and they were fine. Back then, there was no need for a tweeter. With the aluminum cap right on the coil, the top end was fine.

Not sure where you arrived at the price. Is that an interpolation of today's market value?

I'd say it's bang on the money even in this economy. They probably didn't sell well because they cost too much at the time, but the young fellow who bought seems happy and I am too knowing they'll be housed in a box being enjoyed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.