hypex ncore - Page 92 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 07:20 PM   #911
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mountain View, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
Since ESL's are almost entirely reactive, no net power is drawn.
That implies that ESL's have much higher transduction efficiency than other direct radiators (which os on the order of 1%); do they?
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Noah
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 07:58 PM   #912
matjans is offline matjans  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
matjans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Utrecht, NL
Send a message via MSN to matjans
Well, half under the flu anyway, so started reading this thread. cost me about an afternoon. Sort of gave up after the AP2 riot, glad that is over.

Not glad about the NC400's being sold out. If only I was aware earlier ...

@Jan-Peter, Bruno,
After some years playing with the UcD;s (i think I have one of the earliest model ucd400's), it "might" just be time for an upgrade, any ideas as to when the next batch will be available?

Ah yes, and one other question, the modules being round, does that have a specific reason (except for, of course, coolness ) ?

edit: some typo's and rephrased some stuff
__________________
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere!

Last edited by matjans; 20th December 2011 at 08:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 08:17 PM   #913
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I believe sometime January is when we can expect the next batch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 08:22 PM   #914
matjans is offline matjans  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
matjans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Utrecht, NL
Send a message via MSN to matjans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
... I've noticed that differential inputs (and what benefits they have over single-ended) still elude some people ...
And that's apart from the gain.

Not to mention that many, including me, don't have differential outputs.
So unless I put a hacksaw to my ssp-300 ...
__________________
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere!
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 11:33 PM   #915
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: rotterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjans View Post
Well, half under the flu anyway, so started reading this thread. cost me about an afternoon. Sort of gave up after the AP2 riot, glad that is over.

Not glad about the NC400's being sold out. If only I was aware earlier ...

@Jan-Peter, Bruno,
After some years playing with the UcD;s (i think I have one of the earliest model ucd400's), it "might" just be time for an upgrade, any ideas as to when the next batch will be available?

Ah yes, and one other question, the modules being round, does that have a specific reason (except for, of course, coolness ) ?

edit: some typo's and rephrased some stuff

here's your answer
forum.zelfbouwaudio.nl • Toon onderwerp - Hypex Ncore
__________________
it's my life
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 01:29 AM   #916
diyAudio Member
 
stokessd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Grantham, NH
I am using the 180 modules with my Quad 63's and they are outstanding. I've also got the icepower 125ASX2, and three of four different Tripath chip amps. The Hypex bests them all nicely. I also have a push-pull EL34 amp that is damn nice, but I'm using the Hypex amps these days and the other amps sit on a shelf.

The Hypex amps are also great on my DIY electrostatic speakers which are a nasty load, worse than the 63's.

You wanna hear nasty, try a adcom 535 on an electrostatic loudspeaker...


Sheldon
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 07:34 AM   #917
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BE/NL/RW/ZA
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjans View Post
Not to mention that many, including me, don't have differential outputs.
So unless I put a hacksaw to my ssp-300 ...
That precisely is one of the great and ineradicable misconceptions I want to rectify. You do not need differential outputs. Even single ended outputs are already differential: one terminal is driven, the other is ground and the signal is the voltage difference between them. The point of a differential input is that it has an explicit reference pin which is not connected to its local ground so you can use it to sense the ground potential at the source.

The NC400 is round for No Reason At All. The first batch sold out within 5 hours, the next is due in January.
__________________
There's a time for everything, and this is not it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 08:14 AM   #918
jmbulg is offline jmbulg  Belgium
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
The NC400 is round for No Reason At All.
I guess the design was done in a pub around a pint and on the beer mat (usually round)

As for sold out, I suppose we will soon see a few of the lucky buyers show their implementation ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 08:55 AM   #919
matjans is offline matjans  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
matjans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Utrecht, NL
Send a message via MSN to matjans
Ah, you got me, mixing up differential with symmetric. My humblest apologies.
Point is that many people (including me) mix up terminology. Differential, balanced, symmetric etc.

Thanks for pointing that out.
__________________
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere!
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 09:02 AM   #920
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: crete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
That precisely is one of the great and ineradicable misconceptions I want to rectify. You do not need differential outputs. Even single ended outputs are already differential: one terminal is driven, the other is ground and the signal is the voltage difference between them. The point of a differential input is that it has an explicit reference pin which is not connected to its local ground so you can use it to sense the ground potential at the source.

bruno can you explain this better?
especially the "one terminal is driven" part?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypex problem, who can help Hansms Class D 9 18th August 2013 07:49 AM
Hypex steveww Class D 14 18th November 2010 02:44 PM
Question for those who have tried hypex smps with hypex modules avian Class D 12 3rd March 2009 10:30 AM
Hypex UcD 180AD + signal wires, Power Supply ST, Hypex Transformer TR100A c10h12n2 Swap Meet 7 7th July 2007 04:55 PM
FS: Hypex UcD 400/180AD, hypex toroid Archmage Swap Meet 4 14th November 2006 05:23 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2