hypex ncore - Page 686 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2013, 02:03 AM   #6851
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideload View Post
Six weeks ago I ordered a pair of to use in an Ncore400 build. After not hearing anything, I tried to enter the website. It no longer accepts my username or password. Direct inquiry was replied to but by saying delivery was attempted. I have not received notice of who the shipper is, nor has an attempt to contact me been made. Silicon ray is,now saying I should contact local shipping, again without telling me who has it. At else have problems getting things from them? (On the other Hans the amp and power supply modules arrived within three days. Thanks
Just ordered some chassis from them. I hope that your story isn't their typical case
I found their shipping fees quite strange, being forced to pay both exclusive shipping for each chassis and then again for the whole shipping.

Best
Old 20th May 2013, 04:21 AM   #6852
diyAudio Member

Thanks. I'll let you know. I know others have had success so I'm hoping ths is a glitch
Old 20th May 2013, 07:22 AM   #6853
Omholt is offline Omholt  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley View Post
I am close to finishing a pair of Abbeys. Where did you get the settings for the active crossover?
I will be very interested to hear how you think the actives compare to the passive set up. Will you post impressions ? Maybe start a thread on it?
Thsnks
Earl doesn't give it out, but only set if for those who order finished active speakers.

I will probably share my impressions at a forum when I get there.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:32 AM   #6854
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks. I'll let you know. I know others have had success so I'm hoping ths is a glitch
Thanks, please do. I hope that things soon will be sorted out on your side.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:47 AM   #6855
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
the Siliconray owner is a member here AFAIR, search for the case group buy thread and send him a message, who knows.
Old 20th May 2013, 10:04 AM   #6856
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Six weeks ago I ordered a pair of to use in an Ncore400 build. After not hearing anything, I tried to enter the website. It no longer accepts my username or password. Direct inquiry was replied to but by saying delivery was attempted. I have not received notice of who the shipper is, nor has an attempt to contact me been made. Silicon ray is,now saying I should contact local shipping, again without telling me who has it. At else have problems getting things from them? (On the other Hans the amp and power supply modules arrived within three days. Thanks
We did a GB of NCore enclosures a while ago and everything went smoothly.
One parcel (out of ~12 packages sent out) was stuck at a local post office for some reason and was returned to sender (i.e. SiliconRay) after a week or so; but they were fast to re-send at no extra charge.

There was an even more popular GB over at Audiocircle (?) which also went good as far as I know.

I'd say there's nothing to worry about. Overseas shipping can be like that sometimes.
Old 20th May 2013, 01:47 PM   #6857
diyAudio Member

Apparently a glitch with USPS. My apologies for bringing Silicon Ray into this.
Old 20th May 2013, 03:43 PM   #6858
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by get-lit View Post
Wave frequency is the period of a signal's modulation. The higher the frequency, shorter the wavelength. For instance the A/C power line has a frequency of 60 Hz. A 60 Hz A/C signal travelling at the speed of light goes 5,000,000 meters with each alternation of the current.
Well, that explanation doesn't really make anything clearer. Frequency is the period of a signal. It has nothing to do with modulation. What modulation are you talking about? And how is this magical "wave frequency" different from normal, regular "frequency"?

The A/C power line has the frequency of 60 Hz in the US, 50 Hz in Europe. The A/C power line signal is not modulated in any way (apart from the frequency and voltage variations in the grid, but they are not "modulation" in the traditional sense of the word.

I have to say it does sound a bit like you are throwing technical terms around without actually understanding what they mean - that might be a misunderstanding on my part, but that is how it reads to me.
Old 20th May 2013, 05:43 PM   #6859
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
I have to say it does sound a bit like you are throwing technical terms around without actually understanding what they mean - that might be a misunderstanding on my part, but that is how it reads to me.
I agree. I would even go further and say that some of the latter posts here made me suspect covert financial affiliations.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:47 PM   #6860
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omholt View Post
....People should stop talking about what sounds best and stick to how it mesasures.....
Now that's anathema to the subjectivists on this board! Surely it will solicit a response from the hard core that say, "measurements don't tell the whole story". Personally, I think the measurements tell more about the device because they ARE a known quantity. Whereas, as you so well point out, the other factors are highly variable and different for every single system. If how it measures doesn't translate into how it fundamentally sounds, we all might as well give up and go home and buy a 2-transistor radio and call it HiFi.

Hide this!Advertise here!