hypex ncore - Page 675 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th May 2013, 11:45 AM   #6741
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Default nCore alternatives?

Can someone point out a DIY amplifier alternative to the nCore with comparable sound quality?

Something with traditional A/AB/B class, that has more than 100W, preferably with published measurements & graphs, not just "design-by-ear" type.
Old 10th May 2013, 12:16 PM   #6742
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miero View Post
Can someone point out a DIY amplifier alternative to the nCore with comparable sound quality?
Just out of curiosity, why is the nCore itself not suitable for you?
Old 10th May 2013, 01:04 PM   #6743
mangew is offline mangew  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Have now listened to my Ncore monoblock for a while but can´t say i´m impressed. Mine and my wife´s first impression was "this is not near our old monoblock" which was some A-class monos.

Now they only run for about 15hours and may be better with time, they do not sound bad at all but we was not impressed at first listening.
Old 10th May 2013, 01:08 PM   #6744
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangew View Post
Mine and my wife´s first impression was "this is not near our old monoblock" which was some A-class monos.
Which A-class monoblocks did you have?
Old 10th May 2013, 01:16 PM   #6745
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangew View Post
was not impressed at first listening.
can you be a bit more precise, please? thanks.
Old 10th May 2013, 04:04 PM   #6746
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Just out of curiosity, why is the nCore itself not suitable for you?
Is it suitable, but I'd like to know alternatives before I choose amplifier that emits HF noise to speakers, environment and also back to the power line, that might/will influence other audio devices, e.g. phono pre-amplifier.
Old 10th May 2013, 04:06 PM   #6747
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is it suitable, but I'd like to know alternatives before I choose amplifier that emits HF noise to speakers, environment and also back to the power line, that might/will influence other audio devices, e.g. phono pre-amplifier.
Have you actually measured the emitted noise?
Old 10th May 2013, 04:36 PM   #6748
3lviz is offline 3lviz  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Why do you even consider nCore if you suspect it will ruin your hifi system? And why do you want an alternative to the "pre-assumed" ruined quality?

There are all kinds of rumors and hearsay around nCore and class-d in general. Do not believe everything every "self-proclaimed-audio-engineer" says. I have been been very happy with nCore for the past year. I don't have a phono preamp tho.

Last edited by 3lviz; 10th May 2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10th May 2013, 07:52 PM   #6749
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Have you actually measured the emitted noise?
How could I when I do not have it (yet)? I'm aware that you have been measuring it a little, although I've not seen any picture that would convince me that there is "nothing there". Can you post pic of sine on a scope with at the lowest measurable level? I do not suppose there will be "nothing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lviz View Post
Why do you even consider nCore if you suspect it will ruin your hifi system? And why do you want an alternative to the "pre-assumed" ruined quality
I think you can have traditional amplifier with better specs and for lower price if you do not need 400W. But I'm fan of new technology and I'd like to try nCore although I'm not sure if it is worth of it.

In this thread are many "pros" arguments for nCore, but almost none "cons". But you can try to write some to convince me to try it ;-)
Old 10th May 2013, 08:05 PM   #6750
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lviz View Post
There are all kinds of rumors and hearsay around nCore and class-d in general. Do not believe everything every "self-proclaimed-audio-engineer" says.
if there's one thing I can attest to with Hypex is that EMI/RFI will not be a problem.
and yes, don't believe everything you read, many makers have no idea what EMI/RFI stands for (and I really think they should start looking it up). it's very hard to believe, I know, but a DAC can affect TV reception.
I've used the UCD with power cables and speaker wires touching the TV cable, absolutely no problems.

Hide this!Advertise here!