Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd March 2013, 08:39 PM   #6501
Regnad is offline Regnad  United States
diyAudio Member

I remember some adjustments for the processor voltage sense, mine shut off intermittently and that fixed it.
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:48 AM   #6502
robbbby is offline robbbby  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua100k View Post
From the sounds of it, your power supply is or has gone bad. On the extreme side your speakers are dipping below 1 ohm or have a short.
1. Make sure all the cables are pushed in tight. Especially the control cable.
2. use clips or probes to monitor each of the voltages going to the Nc400 from the power supply. You can poke the probe into the top of the power supply socket to it will stay there and you can watch the voltage. Make sure to check the correct settings are on your meter. Do not measure the current across anything as this will short the voltages. For now you are not concerned about current.
2 - an alternative. Swap the power supply from the other channel to see if it travels. If it does, then it is the power supply. If it does not, then amp or speaker. Swap speaker - just in case. Then swap amp. Once you find it, if it is the NC400 or power supply, Hypex will help you out next.

Good luck Mr. Phelps.
Thanks for the recommendations guys, though at this time I don't know if I should breathe a sigh of relief or be even more worried.

I made the post about my intermittent cutouts last night and didn't do any troubleshooting. This morning when I woke up I fired up the stereo to listen while getting ready for work. Lots of cutting out and it got to the point where the left channel wasn't working at all. I had to run out the door so I shut everything off and figured i'd deal with it when I got home.
Fast forward to tonight after work and I again fired the stereo up, but before doing so I did a channel swap with my analog cables. I have balanced cables from dac to pre and balanced from pre to amp. I took both left channel cables and moved them to the right side and moved right channel cables to the left, I did this to see if the cutout would move to the right channel so I could rule out my cables as a start. It has been approximately 3 hours now and I have not had any cutouts that I have noticed. I did about 1 hour of sit down listening and have been in the same room for the majority of the other 2 hours. Everything seems to be working now.

So was it some sort of a cable issue (possibly loose connection?), that was resolved by simply moving the cables around or some other gremlin that just hasn't bothered to surface? I am a bit relieved everything is working but it's still in the back of my mind that something may still be wrong.
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:07 AM   #6503
diyAudio Member

Guess I lied, got off the computer for the night and was going to go listen to an album before calling it a night and noticed my left speaker was completely out. Guess it's either my dac, pre or amp since i've ruled out my cabling.
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:27 AM   #6504
diyAudio Member

It also just dawned on me that I should swap monoblocks between channels to rule out my preamp or dac so I did just that. Moved the silent left channel amp to the right and sure enough now the right channel is dead and the left is now singing. Guess the next course of action is to now swap amp modules and smps.
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:09 AM   #6505
mangew is offline mangew  Sweden
diyAudio Member

How do i connect an diod/led (power on indicator) on front panel?

I will use a power on switch on the back but want something that tells me the amplifier is turned on on the front.

There are some power on switches with led indicators built in to buy but i would prefer a smaller one.
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:14 PM   #6506
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbby View Post
It also just dawned on me that I should swap monoblocks between channels to rule out my preamp or dac so I did just that. Moved the silent left channel amp to the right and sure enough now the right channel is dead and the left is now singing. Guess the next course of action is to now swap amp modules and smps.
I had also occasional drop outs with my nCores. Since I have fixed the nAmpon-cable with the shield of the xlr-input, the drop outs never occured again.
Old 3rd March 2013, 04:13 PM   #6507
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangew View Post
How do i connect an diod/led (power on indicator) on front panel?
PCBheaven wiki: LEDs
Old 3rd March 2013, 05:32 PM   #6508
mangew is offline mangew  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I am about to order from Hypex now, 2pcs of nc400 and 2pcs of smps600.

How did you pay? Itīs a ridicilous fee of 4% for VISA (all companies that agree VISA shall not take fees from customer) and 5% for Pay Pal.

Bank transfer is free, anyone paid by banktransfer? Is it a good way to pay?
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:08 PM   #6509
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaswolf View Post
I had also occasional drop outs with my nCores. Since I have fixed the nAmpon-cable with the shield of the xlr-input, the drop outs never occured again.
Double checked all connections with nampon already and all was good. Sent hypex support an email, hopefully I hear from them soon, I really want to solve this, sucks not having music.
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:23 PM   #6510
diyAudio Member

Default I paid with bank transfer, and had no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangew View Post
I am about to order from Hypex now, 2pcs of nc400 and 2pcs of smps600.

How did you pay? Itīs a ridicilous fee of 4% for VISA (all companies that agree VISA shall not take fees from customer) and 5% for Pay Pal.

Bank transfer is free, anyone paid by banktransfer? Is it a good way to pay?
All went well, now the amp is singing !

Hide this!Advertise here!