hypex ncore - Page 648 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:19 PM   #6471
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
My hopes obviously were too high as hifi-enginers seemingly are uninterested in understanding (or at least reflectively problematizing what can be learned from tests like ABX/DBT) and seeing these tests to produce certain effects that tells us more about the setup than human perception in general.
I guess that is because audio engineers are more interested in answering the question "does this aspect of the design have audible results" rather than pushing the envelope of research into human perception in general. I guess we need to leave something for the experimental psychologists to do

The only specific aspect of human perception that audio engineers tend to be occupied with is psychoacoustics in the context of lossy perceptual encoding (mp3 to you and me), where ABX is used extensively.

So, to reiterate, ABX in it's various forms is not perfect (what ever is?), but it is the best tool we have to determine, in a reasonably objective and verifiable way, if something makes an audible difference or not.

On that bombshell... Can we get back to discussing nCores now?
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:47 PM   #6472
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
I guess that is because audio engineers are more interested in answering the question "does this aspect of the design have audible results" rather than pushing the envelope of research into human perception in general. I guess we need to leave something for the experimental psychologists to do

The only specific aspect of human perception that audio engineers tend to be occupied with is psychoacoustics in the context of lossy perceptual encoding (mp3 to you and me), where ABX is used extensively.

So, to reiterate, ABX in it's various forms is not perfect (what ever is?), but it is the best tool we have to determine, in a reasonably objective and verifiable way, if something makes an audible difference or not.

On that bombshell... Can we get back to discussing nCores now?
Yes please, -with and without ABX
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 07:51 AM   #6473
mangew is offline mangew  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: norrbotten
Anyone found where to buy enclosure with black faceplate, silverfaceplates there are a lot. The only one i found with black is this:

"Modello: Galaxy Maggiorato GX283 230 x 230 mm
with 10mm front and 2mm alu. covers
Descrizione:
1x frontal in aluminum 10mm oxidized black
1x back in aluminum 3mm oxidized black;
2x flanks in aluminum of 10 mm oxidized black ,
2x covers in alu 2mm oxydized black
Dimensions:
Width: body 230mm, inner useful 210mm
Height: 80mm
Depth: 230mm"

But are there others, i searching for a clean black (thick) front and would like the size be around 200x300mm instead.

And the other, is it suitable to put one monoblock in top of the other? Do they produce much heat in bottom/top?
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 02:11 PM   #6474
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangew View Post
Anyone found where to buy enclosure with black faceplate, silverfaceplates there are a lot. The only one i found with black is this:

"Modello: Galaxy Maggiorato GX283 230 x 230 mm
with 10mm front and 2mm alu. covers
Descrizione:
1x frontal in aluminum 10mm oxidized black
1x back in aluminum 3mm oxidized black;
2x flanks in aluminum of 10 mm oxidized black ,
2x covers in alu 2mm oxydized black
Dimensions:
Width: body 230mm, inner useful 210mm
Height: 80mm
Depth: 230mm"

But are there others, i searching for a clean black (thick) front and would like the size be around 200x300mm instead.

And the other, is it suitable to put one monoblock in top of the other? Do they produce much heat in bottom/top?
I have the galaxy cases, they are good cases, but they are massive, i have the 230x230 for my other amps, and i have a set of 230x170 that i planned to put my ncores into, the 230x170 is a tighter fit, but will fit and waste less space. the galaxy maggy case is a very good quality case, and the aluminum is easy to machine.


TAKACHI ELECTRONICS ENCLOSURE CO., LTD. has some nice cases
i have a set of HIT model cases for my ncore
http://www.takachi-enclosure.com/dat...n_p145-146.pdf
the largest of the hit series, but still tiny compared to anything out there, it will be a perfect fit, with no space for anything else.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 07:45 PM   #6475
mangew is offline mangew  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: norrbotten
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz View Post
I have the galaxy cases, they are good cases, but they are massive, i have the 230x230 for my other amps, and i have a set of 230x170 that i planned to put my ncores into, the 230x170 is a tighter fit, but will fit and waste less space. the galaxy maggy case is a very good quality case, and the aluminum is easy to machine.


TAKACHI ELECTRONICS ENCLOSURE CO., LTD. has some nice cases
i have a set of HIT model cases for my ncore
http://www.takachi-enclosure.com/dat...n_p145-146.pdf
the largest of the hit series, but still tiny compared to anything out there, it will be a perfect fit, with no space for anything else.
Ok, i think i will go for the 230x230mm from Galaxy if i don´t find other cases and if i decide build one for myself with a single amp module for each channel. I hope it will fit with 2amp modules/enclosure for future upgrade to bridged ncore´s. Or shall i go for the 230x280?!

I want black faceplate since i always wanna do something special when i build something and i have access to cnc machine´s.

Someone belive there is no problem to put on mono on top of the other?
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 01:37 PM   #6476
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Just FYI, my Kill-A-Watt shows that an SMPS+NC400 consumes about 15.2 watts from 120V mains with no input. This varies little until music is quite loud; of course even 1 W average is fairly loud on efficient speakers.

Apologies if this has been posted; thought it might be useful to some.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 01:46 PM   #6477
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBear View Post
Just FYI, my Kill-A-Watt shows that an SMPS+NC400 consumes about 15.2 watts from 120V mains with no input. This varies little until music is quite loud; of course even 1 W average is fairly loud on efficient speakers.
Considering the NC400 has a specified idle loss of 4.5 W and the SMPS 5W, it sounds like your Kill-A-Watt confirms it pretty nicely.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 01:52 PM   #6478
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Considering the NC400 has a specified idle loss of 4.5 W and the SMPS 5W, it sounds like your Kill-A-Watt confirms it pretty nicely.
Especially if its not the smps600 since the use of the internal driver supply on the nc400 should add another 5W to its consumption/dissipation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 04:16 PM   #6479
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York
not sure if anyone can give me some insight on this, so i got a few new power cords, some audiophile mumbo jumble stuff, and now my amps run way hotter then they used to on my 18awg cords i found in a box somewhere

does something like that make sense at all?
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 07:24 PM   #6480
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Prague
ufokillerz: Is your audiophile cord cool enough? :-)

One crazy idea: let's suppose SMPS injects HF energy back to the power grid. If that audiophile cord does not allow HF energy to pass then it will be radiated as the heat.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypex problem, who can help Hansms Class D 9 18th August 2013 06:49 AM
Hypex steveww Class D 14 18th November 2010 01:44 PM
Question for those who have tried hypex smps with hypex modules avian Class D 12 3rd March 2009 09:30 AM
Hypex UcD 180AD + signal wires, Power Supply ST, Hypex Transformer TR100A c10h12n2 Swap Meet 7 7th July 2007 03:55 PM
FS: Hypex UcD 400/180AD, hypex toroid Archmage Swap Meet 4 14th November 2006 04:23 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2