hypex ncore - Page 639 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th February 2013, 06:51 PM   #6381
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Would it be OK to connect the nAMPON line to the GND of the unregulated auxiliary output of the SMPS600 or should it connect to the pin 1/chassis? I don't need it as an control line, I just want my amp to switch on when I power it.
Old 20th February 2013, 05:36 AM   #6382
mangew is offline mangew  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I am interested in building my own amps with ncore 400. Have seen there are some amps that are bridged with two modules together. Is there any wiring diagram how to wire two modules in a brided monoblock? Do they need their own power supply or is it possible to connect two nc400 to one supply?
Old 20th February 2013, 05:42 AM   #6383
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
Would it be OK to connect the nAMPON line to the GND of the unregulated auxiliary output of the SMPS600 or should it connect to the pin 1/chassis? I don't need it as an control line, I just want my amp to switch on when I power it.
I think the amp will switch of if the SMPS is powered off however you connect nAMPON so I'd say just connect it to Pin1 or signal ground.
Old 20th February 2013, 05:45 AM   #6384
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangew View Post
I am interested in building my own amps with ncore 400. Have seen there are some amps that are bridged with two modules together. Is there any wiring diagram how to wire two modules in a brided monoblock? Do they need their own power supply or is it possible to connect two nc400 to one supply?
Why do you want to bridge the amplifiers? If it is for more power, you would probably want separate power supplies - sharing one supply limits the total power (as the power has to come from somewhere).
Old 20th February 2013, 05:55 AM   #6385
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Why do you want to bridge the amplifiers? If it is for more power, you would probably want separate power supplies - sharing one supply limits the total power (as the power has to come from somewhere).
I have read some users saying bridged modules was better. Why bridged, these modules is pretty cheap in compare to many factory amps so if i belive i get a few % better amp it may be worth the extra money. Sorry for not reading all the 600+pages here but if someone have an wiring diagram to share i be happy.

I may start with a single NC400 module/monoblock see how itīs working but interested to add the extra module later.

One qoestion more, any running them with an DAC with volumecontrol? No preamp? In case i build i run them trough an DAC with volyme.

Last edited by mangew; 20th February 2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 20th February 2013, 06:10 AM   #6386
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have read some users saying bridged modules was better.
A couple of people seem to feel that they sound slightly better when bridged, others disagree. Nobody seems to have done any proper, controlled and level-matched double-blind listening, so no objective evidence this way or that.

My suggestion is to start out with one, and see how you like it - and only start thinking about things like bridging if you are not happy with the sound. If you go down that route, you'd better figure out what you are not happy with, and try to address those issues specifically, and verify each step with proper double-blind listening tests, otherwise you most likely end up wasting money or even making the sound worse.

Quote:
One qoestion more, any running them with an DAC with volumecontrol? No preamp? In case i build i run them trough an DAC with volyme.
That's how I am running my amps right now. Works great.
Old 20th February 2013, 06:12 AM   #6387
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllBoll View Post
I think the amp will switch of if the SMPS is powered off however you connect nAMPON so I'd say just connect it to Pin1 or signal ground.
Thnx
Old 20th February 2013, 06:16 AM   #6388
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have read some users saying bridged modules was better. Why bridged, these modules is pretty cheap in compare to many factory amps so if i belive i get a few % better amp it may be worth the extra money. Sorry for not reading all the 600+pages here but if someone have an wiring diagram to share i be happy.

I may start with a single NC400 module/monoblock see how itīs working but interested to add the extra module later.

Make sure that your DAC has no DC on the outputs. The Ncore's have no input capacitors!!!

Last edited by Corpius; 20th February 2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 20th February 2013, 06:22 AM   #6389
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
A couple of people seem to feel that they sound slightly better when bridged, others disagree. Nobody seems to have done any proper, controlled and level-matched double-blind listening, so no objective evidence this way or that.

My suggestion is to start out with one, and see how you like it - and only start thinking about things like bridging if you are not happy with the sound. If you go down that route, you'd better figure out what you are not happy with, and try to address those issues specifically, and verify each step with proper double-blind listening tests, otherwise you most likely end up wasting money or even making the sound worse.

That's how I am running my amps right now. Works great.
Thanks for answer Julf, i have never uesed an class D amp in my system, only A, A/B and some tube. Now i will try these amps since they seems to conquer a lot of the hifimarket together with DAC with volyme. Now itīs possible to build an high performeance system with small components and not very expensive.

I am convinced i be happy with an single NC400 /channel, but since i know there is possible to add some extra for not a fortune i am interested how to implement this also. I have read about this but i think i have not see any wiring or photo how they are connected in bridgemode.
Old 20th February 2013, 06:32 AM   #6390
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i have never uesed an class D amp in my system, only A, A/B and some tube.
Just a warning - if you like your system to be "warm" and "musical", you will probably be disappointed. The nCores tend to be neutral - as in not have their own sound. That's why I like them - I am an old-school "Hi-Fi" kind of guy, who prefers his gear to be as transparent as possible, without adding any colour of it's own.

Quote:
Now i will try these amps since they seems to conquer a lot of the hifimarket together with DAC with volyme. Now itīs possible to build an high performeance system with small components and not very expensive.
And as always in audiophoolery, never believe what you read, especially if it is subjective impressions. Different people have different taste and expectations.

Quote:
I am convinced i be happy with an single NC400 /channel
And beyond that, I think improvements will be much easier to achieve elsewhere in your chain.

Hide this!Advertise here!