hypex ncore - Page 630 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2013, 04:41 PM   #6291
diyAudio Member

I tested the nc400+smps600 in my home system a while ago. I have now sold my Burmester 956 mk2 amplifier...
I am now building 3 monoblocks with bridged nc400 powered by smps1200. Chassis is the Galaxy Maggiorato from Hifi2000.
I will come back with pictures and listening impressions later.
Old 2nd February 2013, 06:17 PM   #6292
diyAudio Member

Anyone tried connecting a Oppo BDP-105 directly to ncore amplifiers? Is it a good match, with impedances and stuff?
Old 2nd February 2013, 08:20 PM   #6293
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
Anyone tried connecting a Oppo BDP-105 directly to ncore amplifiers? Is it a good match, with impedances and stuff?
No reason why it shouldn't be...
Old 3rd February 2013, 03:44 PM   #6294
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
One nice feature of the NC400 is the discrete input buffer, which has a 100kΩ input impedance and should be compatible with virtually every piece of gear that has a line-level out (i.e. 2V redbook).
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:04 PM   #6295
diyAudio Member

Default Ncore grounding in Hifi2000 slimline

Hi all,

after the more philosophical discussions in the recent posts I have some hands-on questions

I am in the process of building a multichannel amp based on Ncores and SMPS600. I have some questions regarding the best practise for grounding/low noise.

I am building the amp in a Hifi2000 Slimline 2U case. I will only mount XLR connectors as input connectors of the amp. I mounted female Neutrik NC3FD-LX in the back plate of the case. I chose to go for safety class 2 (no mains earth connected to the chassis). I connected the metal leg of each SMPS600 to the bottom plate of the case by scratching away the anodizing of the bottom plate in the screw area.

I carefully read the Ncore manual. Still some questions remain:

1. Does it make sense to connect with a wire the back plate and the bottom plate of the Slimline case? The back plate is mounted with anodized screws in anodized threads to the side walls which are connected by anodized screws to the anodized bottom plate. I do not know how good the connection between the back plate (ground of XLR connector) and the bottom plate (ground of SMPS) needs to be.

2. The Neutrik XLR connectors in the back plate have the 3 usual pins and an additional pin directly at the connector housing. What is best for connecting the shielding of the Ncore input cable?
a. Connect the Ncore input cable shield to pin 1, solder a wire from pin1 to the housing pin and connect the mounting screw of the connector housing to the back plate (scratching the anodizing at the screw)? Or
b. Connect the Ncore input cable shielding to the mounting screw of the connector (again scratching away the anodizing) and solder a wire from the connector housing pin of the connector to pin1? Or
c. ??

3. I also might use a crossover upstream of the Ncores with only RCA outputs. For these connections I will make the RCA to XLR adapter cables as recommended in the Ncore manual (RCA shield connected to pin 3 and pin 1 of the XLR end). Does it make sense to solder a 47K resistor in the RCA connector of the cable between pin and shield (for a DC path) as recommended in the manual for RCA input connectors at the amp?

4. Anything else to consider?

Alterfalter
Old 4th February 2013, 08:09 AM   #6296
Zoran is offline Zoran  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Hi
Can any one (or Bruno)
please
poin to the Rf and Rg
by number of "R"
on the NC-400 board
in app note it is covered only for the different board models
?
Old 4th February 2013, 08:14 AM   #6297
diyAudio Member

Rg is marked as R141, and is sitting close to the input connector.
Old 4th February 2013, 08:16 AM   #6298
Zoran is offline Zoran  Serbia
diyAudio Member

A ha
Thanks mucho
it is pretty confusing going with a those unclear enough PDFs
Maybe You know what is the number of Rf (should be 2...)
AND
please
What is original value of the Rg=R141 on the NC-400 board?

Last edited by Zoran; 4th February 2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 4th February 2013, 08:21 AM   #6299
diyAudio Member

I don't know where the Rf resistors are.. but there should be no need to change those.

Afaik Rg is 1.2 kOhm
Old 4th February 2013, 08:28 AM   #6300
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
it is pretty confusing going with a those unclear enough PDFs
Really? There is one PDF covering the nC400, and in it's first bug fix it clearly spells out the resistor is R141.

Quote:
What is original value of the Rg=R141 on the NC-400 board?
See this post by Bruno

"Rg=1.2k, Rf=2.2k. Rg, as noted in the bugs section of the data sheet is not marked (will be in the future), but it's called R141 and it's the one furthest to the left of the input connector. "

Hide this!Advertise here!