hypex ncore - Page 620 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th January 2013, 09:14 PM   #6191
diyAudio Member

Default Symmetrical cables for Ncores

Thanks for the many hints. Did anyone try Mogami cables? Given that Bruno uses them for the signal cabling inside the Ncore that might not be a bad idea. I wouldn't know in what form Belden cables come when ready made (probably they are used by some brands available in Germany)...
Old 24th January 2013, 09:47 PM   #6192
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnenwender View Post
Did anyone try Mogami cables?
I did and found them to be quite neutral (and cheap). In the end, I stayed with my "standard" cable, Acoustic Zen Wows, which tend to be a bit more forgiving. I liked the Mogami just fine though, and might even prefer them in a different system.
Old 25th January 2013, 03:31 AM   #6193
HFGuy is offline HFGuy  Canada
diyAudio Member

mfb nice chassis, where did you get them ?
Old 25th January 2013, 03:54 AM   #6194
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
[....]
We have enough, oh my God, enough, yes, of real problems to solve in audio electronic in order to reproduce sounds in a credible way.
Bruno, a very good engineer, has demonstrated how, with a real scientific approach you can solve most of those problems. and offer for a reasonable price, a near ready to use amplifier witch is, no contest, one of the best in the world. Despite it is an evil Class D.
Bruno also indicates his feedback loop topology is firmly grounded in control theory -- and that it can be extrapolated to other Classes of amplifiers. One does want to keep load impedance issues from changing the response at unity gain, so a Zobel-type network on the output is probably useful.

Most likely Class-D makes it simpler because the poles and zeros are determined in the front end, whereas I suspect (haven't designed one myself) some zeroes are found in driver and output stages of linear amplifiers. Those poles & zeros may vary because of transistor process spread, making a consistent solution an exercise in optimism.
Old 25th January 2013, 04:16 AM   #6195
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
Or put a 16R resistor in series with your 16R driver, the ncore will be limited to 50 watt and the resistor will soak half of it so you will have a nice an healthy 25 watt at the driver.... Should be sufficient for home applications.
The impedance curve for horn drivers is anything but flat, so the voltage division will be non-flat also.
Old 25th January 2013, 04:48 AM   #6196
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrows View Post
That some folks think Mr Putzeys would not be in favor of relatively expensive cabling, considering his company Grimm Audio actually makes and sells some fairly expensive high end cabling.
It's low-triboelectric, also with more RFI shielding than most other cables, so his stuff does make sense.
Old 25th January 2013, 08:00 AM   #6197
diyAudio Member

I use mogami broadcast cable with neutrik or card as xlr connectors. It's a no nonsense combination connecting my bridges ncore monos to a ml380s. A pair (incl some nice "Gewebeschlauch" haven't found this word) of 4 m is less than 100€.

This cable does not add anything and is very tolerant for longer length.

Drop me a pm for the source.

Br
Mka
Old 25th January 2013, 10:07 AM   #6198
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
search for "low noise cables", there are a lot of companies making low triboelectric effect cables for industrial uses. shielded too, all sorts.
Old 25th January 2013, 12:01 PM   #6199
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilke1999 View Post
I use mogami broadcast cable with neutrik or card as xlr connectors. It's a no nonsense combination connecting my bridges ncore monos to a ml380s. A pair (incl some nice "Gewebeschlauch" haven't found this word) of 4 m is less than 100.

This cable does not add anything and is very tolerant for longer length.

Drop me a pm for the source.

Br
Mka
Is correctly understood that you run bridged ncores?
If so, have you tested the bridged config against the standard config and found any audible differences besides the ability to swing more voltage?
Old 25th January 2013, 02:17 PM   #6200
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
Is correctly understood that you run bridged ncores?
If so, have you tested the bridged config against the standard config and found any audible differences besides the ability to swing more voltage?
Actually I decided to go back to my previous configuration biamping my BW 803di. The bridges configuration only a minimal audible effect, while with the biamped configuration added transparency in the mid range and resulted in a better placement of instruments especially in complex orchestral word.

I will sell my ml 332 now, I am convinced.

Hide this!Advertise here!