hypex ncore - Page 611 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2013, 08:52 PM   #6101
akasha is offline akasha  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
Not a little expensive for something you can barely hear ? :-)
Do you really get it ?:
Thats one major fault with "Hi-Fi": do you really want a capacitor that sounds good?
the ideal capacitor is no capacitor, so the less you hear it, the more value it has
ds23man:
a lot of jokes and double meanings get lost in translation and state of mind, but for the record: Duelund caps are good, they are for sure not rebranded, but the real value of things is up to the one who are "in need"
Old 18th January 2013, 09:11 PM   #6102
diyAudio Member

I'm really sad that I have no capacitors at all in my signal chain.... nothing to improve upon you know....
Old 18th January 2013, 09:15 PM   #6103
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
I'm really sad that I have no capacitors at all in my signal chain.... nothing to improve upon you know....
Old 18th January 2013, 09:29 PM   #6104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasha View Post
Do you really get it ?
Do-you really get i was joking ... with some irony against audiophile excess.
Old 18th January 2013, 09:45 PM   #6105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Do-you really get i was joking ... with some irony against audiophile excess.
sorry for misunderstanding your'e underlining my sarkasm, but it lately it seems some are really serious in their outrageous statements
Old 18th January 2013, 11:07 PM   #6106
3lviz is offline 3lviz  Finland
diyAudio Member

My take on this r141 matter is that with r141 there is a very faint "hiss" when my ear is on the tweeter. That could be because of my build, or not. The noise is very very faint. It is there preamp connected and unconnected. I also have calibrated the input and output. The "hiss" does not get any louder when the volume on the preamp goes louder. But, without r141 there is no "hiss" on my setup, since it drops below my ability to hear even when my ear is on the tweeter.

My current speakers are 90dB efficiency. If i was using very efficient speakers (like 100dB+) with nCore, of course i'd try the modules without the r141. I don't see why one wouldn't. Currently i am using the ones with r141, since i need more headroom for digital room correction.

Desoldering r141 was a problem for me too, but instead of using too much force and getting too hasty, i asked for help in this thread. I got help and then it was very easy to remove them. However, I feel bad that some have not succeeded in this :/.
Old 18th January 2013, 11:21 PM   #6107
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasha View Post
sorry for misunderstanding your'e underlining my sarkasm, but it lately it seems some are really serious in their outrageous statements
I was hoping we can continue the troll, arguing against each other :-)
Look at that:
Humble Homemade Hifi
Can-you imagine this guy, listening to all those caps and giving (serious) a note to them ?
... And the winner is...
Old 18th January 2013, 11:25 PM   #6108
diyAudio Member

Your cap at only 1200-EUR for 10uF.
of course !!!!
Old 18th January 2013, 11:55 PM   #6109
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I was hoping we can continue the troll, arguing against each other :-)
Look at that:
Humble Homemade Hifi
Can-you imagine this guy, listening to all those caps and giving (serious) a note to them ?
... And the winner is...
I almost always have a smile and a positive layer underneath my words ;0)

you really need a good humorous sense to survive in "HiFi", like if one even tries to imagine a setup, burn-in, optimization and listening for all character differences he comes up with. I'm beyond words
Old 19th January 2013, 12:04 AM   #6110
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lviz View Post
My take on this r141 matter is that with r141 there is a very faint "hiss" when my ear is on the tweeter. That could be because of my build, or not. The noise is very very faint. It is there preamp connected and unconnected. I also have calibrated the input and output. The "hiss" does not get any louder when the volume on the preamp goes louder. But, without r141 there is no "hiss" on my setup, since it drops below my ability to hear even when my ear is on the tweeter.

My current speakers are 90dB efficiency. If i was using very efficient speakers (like 100dB+) with nCore, of course i'd try the modules without the r141. I don't see why one wouldn't. Currently i am using the ones with r141, since i need more headroom for digital room correction.

Desoldering r141 was a problem for me too, but instead of using too much force and getting too hasty, i asked for help in this thread. I got help and then it was very easy to remove them. However, I feel bad that some have not succeeded in this :/.
With my 108db sensitive speakers I can hear a little hiss when listening very close to the horns, removing the R141 dampens this of course, as well as the noise of whatever I put in front of the ncore. Several different units tried in front have higher noisefloor than the ncore.
What works best for me is to solve the problem where is starts, and adjusting gain before the ncore. This have furthermore proven ( in my case ) to be better for several different circuits driving the ncore

Hide this!Advertise here!