hypex ncore - Page 587 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2013, 05:21 PM   #5861
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogti View Post
ua100k,

I actually did quite a few different experiments on the nCore 400 regarding EMI absorption / rejection, the change of internal wires some very high end ones (including OCC Silver); replacing the the bindings, XLRs with Cardas etc - they indeed make a huge difference.

The cost of each of my NC400 monoblock is already over USD2500. So, the price of $4500 is actually reasonable when you add the profit margin. And NC1200 cost quite a bit more too.

TBH, nCore is not a cheap DIY project. I am willing to spend so much time and $ on it because there are so much potential. But it also means nCore is very sensitive to noise or pollution. Dilemma.
The Hypex UCD or Ncore range is most EMI/RFI immune class D amp range there is on this earth........ You must be a bloody idiot to get problems in this department......
Old 8th January 2013, 05:22 PM   #5862
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
Very small portion?
well, I don't know. Regnad confirmed a not exactly minor sonic difference. who knows? I certainly don't think that "high end cables" (what exactly does that mean and what is the measure of highend-ness?) can be responsible of "huge" differences (again, direct experience proved that one man's huge is another's not discernible) but vibration control and good shielding, maybe.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:24 PM   #5863
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
well, I don't know. Regnad confirmed a not exactly minor sonic difference. who knows? I certainly don't think that "high end cables" (what exactly does that mean and what is the measure of highend-ness?) can be responsible of "huge" differences (again, direct experience proved that one man's huge is another's not discernible) but vibration control and good shielding, maybe.
Good shielding is always a good thing but vibration????

If it is a tube amp, I am in.......
Old 8th January 2013, 05:42 PM   #5864
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The Hypex UCD or Ncore range is most EMI/RFI immune class D amp range there is on this earth........ You must be a bloody idiot to get problems in this department......
There are always room for improvements. Minor changes can lead to big differences. And somehow EMI shielding is the most under-rated consideration in the audio industry.

Due to my work, I am able to access many professional graded equipments (EMI treatment, shielding, vibration control etc) designed for lab R&D, hospital, and military. These stuffs are not meant for used on audio equipments, but they do work very well; it is just that the prices are not justified for the audio listening purpose.

Have you tried to add a power regenerator before the nCore VS plugged it in directly to a wall outlet? or a Shunt regulated power supply on nCore? i know that defeats the purpose for Class D, but you will be amazed by the improvements.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:43 PM   #5865
diyAudio Member

well, I said maybe. worth considering, definitely. maybe someone attempted to measure it?
Old 8th January 2013, 05:51 PM   #5866
diyAudio Member

Still waiting for someone with wires made with copper ore dug buy Vestal Virgins!

Maybe this will sound the best!
Old 8th January 2013, 05:58 PM   #5867
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Still waiting for someone with wires made with copper ore dug buy Vestal Virgins!

Maybe this will sound the best!
I'm guilty of liking to mock people when they're really asking for it but this is at least partially a scientific board. I'm also skeptical but who knows? why not try to refute the possibility by testing instead of mockery? and also accept that one can be wrong. I'm absolutely sure the influence of vibration can be measured.
this definitely doesn't mean that we need to believe something just because X said so but if there's enough empirical data to deem a phenomenon worth investigating, why not?
Old 8th January 2013, 06:12 PM   #5868
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
I'm guilty of liking to mock people when they're really asking for it but this is at least partially a scientific board. I'm also skeptical but who knows? why not try to refute the possibility by testing instead of mockery? and also accept that one can be wrong. I'm absolutely sure the influence of vibration can be measured.
this definitely doesn't mean that we need to believe something just because X said so but if there's enough empirical data to deem a phenomenon worth investigating, why not?
You are just nailing it: empirical data......

But vibrations in a solid state amp I don't believe in as a former sound engineer. Done a lot of testing with high power rigs ( 100kw and up), we had to change the source ( cd player) to Dat because the sound level made it skip. Did not notice any problem with the rest of the gear......

Last edited by ds23man; 8th January 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 8th January 2013, 06:20 PM   #5869
diyAudio Member

I'm just sharing my findings so far. I hope they can be useful to someone else on the forum.

Regarding the vibration control, I did some testings, but most of the so called hifi solutions are for fun only. If you are serious, give this a try:
Vibration Isolation Isolators, Tables, Platforms & Systems | Minusk Technology
Even the cheap models will work very well. Tested on solid amps before, and it worked. However, it made more differences on the DAC than on the Amps - I still cannot figure out the reason behind it.

Again, all the equipments/technologies that I tested on my nCore monoblocks are not commonly available to the public, so my findings might be irrelevant.
Old 8th January 2013, 06:25 PM   #5870
diyAudio Member

Quote:
But vibrations in a solid state amp I don't believe in as a former sound engineer
You are not a GOOD audiophile believer.
Solid state electronic is very sensitive to vibrations and need special cones/feets build from solid unoptainium. Even if you cannot record any noise from its output, while trying to destroy-it with a hammer.

Hide this!Advertise here!