Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did wonder if Bruno had been removing the board/s at the Show, possibly why the wiring was not tight nor soldered? ...or perhaps doesn't make a lot of difference if the SMPS is in another compartment

Probably doesn't make much difference. If it was a prototype, there would be a fair bit of removing cards going on, so no point in fussin over minor details like that.

Hello Mr SGK

Yes I think it was there in the mix ...I didn't pay much attention to the other bits, like the Pre but I'm sure I heard the Presenter mention something about the DAC handling Redbook signals beautifully

It's hard to say how much better or worse the MolaMola combination with Vivid Audio’s Giya G4 was compared to other Vendors stands, but what I did notice was the tuneful bass that stood out from the other stands

..one or two tracks we listened to sounded a bit boring, lean with little energy (unimpressive), but that may just be the Recordings

Nothing at that Show took our breath away ...although these sounded a little bit nicer than the rest

Attachments

• IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    911.1 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4265.jpg
    IMG_4265.jpg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 301
I did wonder if Bruno had been removing the board/s at the Show, possibly why the wiring was not tight nor soldered? ...or perhaps doesn't make a lot of difference if the SMPS is in another compartment

A major reason why my 25+ years old Rotel power amp still plays without trouble is that all wiring is soldered; none of those miserable molex print connectors :eek:.

Maybe Molex is not the correct name, but I refer to the plastic connectors (for connecting loudspeaker outputs, signal inputs and power supply) you see in that MolaMola amp (and in the majority of todays consumer audio gear). It seems to be the standard today, easy and fast way to assemble.
My former colleague, a very qualified audio repair guy, hated them because they often failed in the long term.
There might be good quality connectors, but IMO nothing beats a good solder joint.

Hello Mr SGK

Yes I think it was there in the mix ...I didn't pay much attention to the other bits, like the Pre but I'm sure I heard the Presenter mention something about the DAC handling Redbook signals beautifully

Bruno has been talking up the specs of his DAC design big time. I'm interested as I wonder if Theta Digital's "partnership" with Bruno will extend to the DAC design.

BTW I've seen pics of the inside of the ATI NC500-based amp. The model was the 8 channel one. What a beautiful piece of engineering to get all that to fit so elegantly in that enclosure. They're an absolute bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.