hypex ncore - Page 550 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2012, 09:16 PM   #5491
diyAudio Member

There is nothing to argue, in the correct way to design electronic. A good knowledge of components and the way they behave.
Like resistances noise or serial inductances, cap serial inductances, cap serial resistances, caps distortions, parasitic caps and inductances of wires.
A good knowledge of schematics, and the way they behave. Accurate calculations according to the scientific rules. Then you build a prototype, using the accurate components for your needs and measure and tune.
Then you begin to listen to carefully, and try to improve things with different parts or so...
If you find any remaining not explained problem, any real improvement you can hear and cannot explain, time to try to understand what's happens, why, and correlate with theory.

It is that way, hearing different sound from different caps, that some ones had begun to measure precisely different caps, and found behaviors that everybody is supposed to now, nowadays.
Old 18th November 2012, 09:29 PM   #5492
diyAudio Member

What AP2 is talking about is very real. What sound is sounding like when you are getting drunk is temporal resolution loss :-)
Old 18th November 2012, 10:27 PM   #5493
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

are you replying to me or Mr Push Pull?

if me, I think you missed my point, but i'll just agree anyway because none of that actually clashes with my point. where the problem is, is reconciling that with the many and varied experiences of each and every sound and sound system, also the fact that measurements are interpreted subjectively too =) not often mentioned that one, we tend to accept our visual reality much more factually.

Last edited by qusp; 18th November 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:42 PM   #5494
3lviz is offline 3lviz  Finland
diyAudio Member

About the fully regulated smps comment. I am wondering how feasible it would be to design a high current fully regulated power supply. Usually regulators have around 0.5-1.5A current capacity. You can have several for higher current capacity, tho.

However, wouldn't it be smarter, instead of designing a general purpose high current power supply, design the module and the power supply so that they work together as good as possible (like in case of smps600 and nCore) to make things easier for the future, if for instance higher current levels are needed. And then regulate things in the module side if/when needed.

That would be designing a platform folks, not just making one product work. I can appreciate that.

Last edited by 3lviz; 18th November 2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 18th November 2012, 11:55 PM   #5495
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
Have you are anyone else tried these supplies with Ncore?
I've had both for ages but I'm still waiting on a friend to buy another pair of NC400s so that we can have a useful, side-by-side, comparison of the two setups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 11-7-12 21 43 58.jpg (142.6 KB, 249 views)
Old 19th November 2012, 12:21 AM   #5496
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lviz View Post
I am wondering how feasible it would be to design a high current fully regulated power supply.
Not a real problem, both for linear or switched ones. Just paralleling parts if not enough current in one power switching/balast device.
Old 19th November 2012, 12:39 AM   #5497
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
are you replying to me or Mr Push Pull?

if me, I think you missed my point, but i'll just agree anyway because none of that actually clashes with my point. where the problem is, is reconciling that with the many and varied experiences of each and every sound and sound system, also the fact that measurements are interpreted subjectively too =) not often mentioned that one, we tend to accept our visual reality much more factually.
+1

Good point about our visual reality - visual interpretation of measurements is a very powerful practice when constructing factuality -also factuality about sound
Old 19th November 2012, 01:16 AM   #5498
fas42 is online now fas42  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
Not a real problem, both for linear or switched ones. Just paralleling parts if not enough current in one power switching/balast device.
The complication here is to get good current sharing between the active devices; we're back to the emitter ballasting "problem", which means compromising output impedance, unless "cleverer" ways are used ...

Frank
Old 19th November 2012, 05:05 AM   #5499
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas42 View Post
The complication here is to get good current sharing between the active devices; we're back to the emitter ballasting "problem", which means compromising output impedance, unless "cleverer" ways are used ...
Right, but, for a stabilized PSU, you can both pair the power transistors and degenerate them.
As it is a closed loop, the internal impedance is achieved by feedback. After all, a PSU is just a classical amplifier, witch amplify in current a static voltage reference, can be low high power low Z.
For Ballast, the output caps are here to minimize impedance. It is just a cleaned linear PSU.

Last edited by Esperado; 19th November 2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 19th November 2012, 05:22 AM   #5500
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
here's a paper that concerns the temporal resolution of hearing: http://www.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/p...n--Kunchur.pdf
I think you will find that the results claimed in the Kunchur paper are widely questioned and never independently replicated or confirmed.

Hide this!Advertise here!