hypex ncore - Page 54 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2011, 11:13 AM   #531
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
AP2, you obviously have some kind of axe to grind and I don't care about the details. but...

I have not focused on the super feedback (because the audiophile high-level, does not want this, as does not want a unregulate SMPS)
don't you understand that stating publicly something like that lowers your credibility even more? I'm SICK of the audiophile web pages I keep seeing displaying lines like "0% feedback = 100% musicality!" (with an exclamation mark, as if that should convince me for good). sometimes I wonder if people stating things like that really did any sort of testing at all to draw such extreme conclusions. really want my opinion? THAT is hype and marketing. anyone can come up with an audiophile website with all the regular folklore "no feedback, no opamps, only class A, only discrete, short signal paths, silver wire transformers, audio grade caps etc".
I can swear that I personally met people in the audio manufacturing world which admittedly base their designs on the latest trend in audio folklore. I'm totally ok with you adding to that crowd but AGAIN, can you please preach somewhere else?

sorry for the rant guys, but what the guy wrote was the latest thing I was expecting to read here.

Last edited by mr_push_pull; 13th October 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 13th October 2011, 11:56 AM   #532
Account disabled at member's request

[QUOTE=Bruno Putzeys;2744301
I can sympathise with the sentiment. Perhaps we could stimulate more in-depth technical discussion. Not about ears and opnions and stuff but actual operation. That would make it worth reading even for people who aren't planning to buy anything.
[/QUOTE]

To me it seems a good idea to respect the forum rules as much as possible.
Therefore I invite you to check note 4. of these rules, and judge for yourself how far the ncore technology is away from commercial availability.
Don't misunderstand me in that I highly appreciate your input (and after all it was not you who started the thread) but the forum is for DIY'ers in the first place.
When commercial "entities" pop into discussing their product the Commercial Sector is a better place (with options to do some product promotion).
Old 13th October 2011, 12:15 PM   #533
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
I hope that you have no issues with the And where are you finding marketing in the AES paper (AES E-Library Globally Modulated Self-Oscillating Amplifier with Improved Linearity )?
Bruno, your commercial interest is obvious, you've bassically foced me into spending $10 on the AES paper. you're exposed.
Old 13th October 2011, 12:17 PM   #534
diyAudio Member

LOL Would that the AES pay its authors...

OTOH they've got to get an income from somewhere. Times are dire for the AES.

Last edited by Bruno Putzeys; 13th October 2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 13th October 2011, 12:20 PM   #535
diyAudio Member

you must have some occult affiliation with AES then.

OK, enough with my ramblings, back to subject.
Old 13th October 2011, 01:06 PM   #536
diyAudio Member

If you are designing self-oscillating class-d amps this paper might very well be worth the money just for the general part alone.

Regards

Charles
Old 13th October 2011, 01:50 PM   #537
diyAudio Member

in all honesty, I will buy the paper as soon as I get home (I have a one year AES subscription). I remember Bruno mentioning something about the "power DAC" concept a while back in the official UcD FAQ thread. if I recall correctly he said that the approach has severe limitations that prevent it from competing with regular class-D topologies. correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 13th October 2011, 02:24 PM   #538
diyAudio Member

I think you are talking about two different things: The AES paper that is describing the indepth analysis of the feedback loop that led to the development of the nCore and the other one is the DSD power DAC (of which I don't remember how it was called like).

Regards

Charles
Old 13th October 2011, 02:29 PM   #539
diyAudio Member

not sure if Bruno was referring to the DSD power DAC back then, but it sure was about some sort of power DAC.
Old 13th October 2011, 02:40 PM   #540
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Hi,
I have not accused you of doing marketing. I said that it is linked to marketing (if I explain the reasons for the choices you make about your product, it is obvious that the product suffers. I meant to say, I do not have the freedom to discuss whether some of your choices are really good (for a product high end). for PA, all is ok.
I do not have which is mentioned or alluded to any religion.
High-End: I do not mean to colored or super capacitor components. (this is just a game of high-end commercial).
There are some parameters "fixed" important (before other extended attributes), to declare that an amplifier can have a good realism in reproducing the timbre, dynamics and resolution.
For the limited point of view, this is not offensive (I understand that a primary doctor does not want to hear it). I do not want to compete with you (would not be fair on my part). but if you asked me how many degrees ranging my applications, I can provide sufficient doc, from hydrodynamic to neurological applications hardware / software.
my advice is: shows the extended features of your amp. (if they are excellent (I think so) no one will have nothing to say. but it is not fair for you to use your fame to convince an audiophile than a SMPS Unregulated power is fantastic supply. even if we use an AB amp with 5 transistors, the first thing we need is a PSU. not a sub-modulation of soft percussion or bass on the voice. that what he hears?
--
For AES, I'm sorry, but when I wanted to solve the linearity of the modulator, I did not go on reading. just for curiosity, DXA with the current concept of modulation, was born in 2006. This is perfectly demonstrable.
As is demonstrable that when hypex did not have a SMPS, my DPS-400 was the first (perhaps because it is simple and ingenious) to finish on your table. (not problem on this)

Regards

Last edited by AP2; 13th October 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!