hypex ncore - Page 519 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2012, 01:08 PM   #5181
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Verhoeven View Post
Why should the load be different between different NC modules? Most are talking about getting hot under idle conditions. I can't really notice a difference in temperature of the casing when the amps are idling (I leave them on all the time) or playing with lots of power.
I think it depends on the speakers. My Coldamp get hot to . No difference between NCORE and Coldamp in that case.
Old 10th October 2012, 01:16 PM   #5182
diyAudio Member

Default Ncore cable

Is there anyone who has some experience with the new input cable that comes with the nCore?
Old 10th October 2012, 01:16 PM   #5183
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
Adding sugar is a rather well known method which is typically used to make things sweeter. So if we add some sugar on top of our speakers, it will sound sweeter.

This is the same type of argument used for the "Ultra tweeter". It's quasi-scientific.
Eating and drinking something tasty is nevertheless a well known method of making a system under evaluation more digestible

Maybe the sugar should be placed on the table instead of on the speaker. Pseudo-scientific or not, that probably depends more on what you are to prove...
Old 11th October 2012, 02:56 PM   #5184
Henkjan is offline Henkjan  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
Sounds like something is wrong. I have NC400 with SMPS and it only gets lukewarm, even without external cooling.
same here, mounted in an aluminium cabinet, no heat sinks, and gets only lukewarm. they drive some low efficiency speakers, so the do have to work
Old 11th October 2012, 02:57 PM   #5185
Henkjan is offline Henkjan  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioschipper View Post
Is there anyone who has some experience with the new input cable that comes with the nCore?
the "microphone" cable supplied with the amps (intended to connect the amp to the XLRs) you mean? I used them, what sort of experience are you looking for?
Old 12th October 2012, 07:18 AM   #5186
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkjan View Post
the "microphone" cable supplied with the amps (intended to connect the amp to the XLRs) you mean? I used them, what sort of experience are you looking for?
I ordered the nCores earlier this year and got different (yes, xlr) cables shipped with it. Now I received the new ones. Build on Hypex specs I guess. I'm curious if there is a big difference with the previous ones before I deassemble my 5 channel amp.

Last edited by Audioschipper; 12th October 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12th October 2012, 07:57 AM   #5187
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkjan View Post
I guess he is looking for a subjective analysis of whether there is any difference to the original one?
Old 12th October 2012, 11:12 AM   #5188
Omholt is offline Omholt  Norway
diyAudio Member

Can someone from Hypex explain what the point is with the new cable? And please; somehing a bit more theoretical then "because it's sounds much better".
That' as ridicolous comment from a representative of Hypex (something someone received in a mail).
Old 12th October 2012, 11:59 AM   #5189
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
about ultrasonics... IMO the relevant question is: aren't there other areas where an amp is more likely to fault that should be addressed first? there's a lot of focus on this as if it it's proven fact that it's the first and foremost concern WRT sound quality.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:01 PM   #5190
diyAudio Member

That is the information I received from Hypex:
"Dear Customer,

The runaway success of the NC400 has spurred Hypex to develop a signal cable to match the quality of the amplifier. The QuietConduit cable, which draws on our experience designing the HG interlinks, is now being shipped as standard with the NC400 module. To earlier customers who still have the old cable we would like to offer the opportunity of receiving a set of QuietConduit signal cables free of charge"

I ordered the cables but I've no intention of replacing my current very short cables but might use them in the future if I'm going to change my setup and my current in use cables are too short for the new setup. (Maybe I'm going to bi-amp my front speakers and then I might use two of them in a new enclosure of one SMPS600 with two NCore400.)

Last edited by RogerSch; 12th October 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!