hypex ncore - Page 498 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th August 2012, 10:54 PM   #4971
diyAudio Member

doesn't really say, however I would bet its concerned with the DSP XO project they have been working on for a while.

nothing to see here, move along. :-)

Alan
Old 26th August 2012, 07:06 PM   #4972
diyAudio Member

Yesterday I rearranged my rack in order to be able to better separate the power cords from the signal cables. In the evening I happened to pass near the loudspeakers when no music was playing and realized that there was quite a hum. I was used to some hum from the phono amp, but the noise on the DAC channel is different and seems to be also more pronounced. Switching off the DAC it went away (whatever that means). Moving some of the signal cables at the back didn't have audible effects with DAC on. I am not enough of an expert to understand where the hum comes from. And I am not even sure if the hum was there before I rearranged the rack and I just didn't notice. Inside the amp I did all the twisting that is recommended, including of course the loudspeaker wiring. Does it make any sense to twist the loudspeaker cables at the outside, too (before they vanish inside the wall that would be, some 25 inches....)
Any suggestions would be welcome
Old 26th August 2012, 07:51 PM   #4973
diyAudio Member

You need to know if it hum generated by the DAC, if it is picked up by the wire, or if it is a problem with the wire. If the DAC was silent before then that's probably not the issue (unless something happened when you re-arranged the rack). When moving the components and reconnecting the cables, you may have created a connection problem with the cable connectors. If you temporarily route the cable in front of the rack to avoid all other cables and the hum goes away, then it picking up hum from somewhere. Try another cable.
Old 26th August 2012, 08:20 PM   #4974
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnenwender View Post
Yesterday I rearranged my rack in order to be able to better separate the power cords from the signal cables. In the evening I happened to pass near the loudspeakers when no music was playing and realized that there was quite a hum. I was used to some hum from the phono amp, but the noise on the DAC channel is different and seems to be also more pronounced. Switching off the DAC it went away (whatever that means). Moving some of the signal cables at the back didn't have audible effects with DAC on. I am not enough of an expert to understand where the hum comes from. And I am not even sure if the hum was there before I rearranged the rack and I just didn't notice. Inside the amp I did all the twisting that is recommended, including of course the loudspeaker wiring. Does it make any sense to twist the loudspeaker cables at the outside, too (before they vanish inside the wall that would be, some 25 inches....)
Any suggestions would be welcome
May be a ground-loop hum. Start the trouble-shooting process by eliminating each piece of the puzzle until it returns. When it does you'll be closer to the answer. Are these DIY components we're talking about? Check for proper internal grounding and also perhaps faulty inter-connects.
Old 27th August 2012, 08:08 PM   #4975
Regnad is offline Regnad  United States
diyAudio Member

Any of you folks know what inductor L6 on the SMPS600 is? I managed to burn it up being dumb. I emailed Hypex but hope someone here might know.

Thanks a lot...
Old 28th August 2012, 09:09 PM   #4976
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjr View Post
May be a ground-loop hum. Start the trouble-shooting process by eliminating each piece of the puzzle until it returns. When it does you'll be closer to the answer. Are these DIY components we're talking about? Check for proper internal grounding and also perhaps faulty inter-connects.
The only DIY components are the Ncore amps. Will try and work piece by piece at the weekend when I have some time at my hands, thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 02:47 AM   #4977
diyAudio Member

Yeah, sometimes it takes a while to sort out such problems. Takes away from listening time.
Old 29th August 2012, 03:40 PM   #4978
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member

yesterday i heard the ncores at my system.

i have a pair ucd700`s and a pair ucd2k`s.

i didn`t see this coming but the bass slam of the

ncores exceeded my amps.

how is it possible?

is it some kind of amp speed?

because it definitely isn`t a power thing.

bruno any ideas?
Old 29th August 2012, 04:12 PM   #4979
diyAudio Member

I've experienced exactly the same with UcD400HG vs Ncore.
I too would like some kind of explanation why .....
Old 29th August 2012, 04:40 PM   #4980
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
I've experienced exactly the same with UcD400HG vs Ncore.
I too would like some kind of explanation why .....
it could be expalined of the higher current of ncore but in my case they

exceded even the ucd2k.

i cant` explain it.

Hide this!Advertise here!