Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The terminal which is driven is usually called "the signal" and the reference terminal is usually called "ground". I'm on a crusade against this terminology because both are signal terminals, except that in the case of single-ended outputs only one is "hot" i.e. driven by a circuit. The other is called "cold".

The data sheet is being put online as we speak, there's quite a bit of text and drawings in there.

Last edited:
A diifferential input on an power amplifier, fed from a single-ended output on the pre-amp still keeps most of the advantages, provided that you use the correct screened twin-core cable for the connection. Connect the signal output of the pre-amp to the 'hot' wire in the cable, with the 0V output of the pre-amp connected to the 'cold' wire. The screen of the cable should be connected to the ground of the pre-amp. Common-mode noise picked up by the cable will be rejected by the differential input of the amplifier as both the 'hot' and 'cold' inputs will see the same noise signal (as common mode). The wanted signal from the pre-amp will appear as a differential signal across the 'hot' and 'cold' inputs of the power amp.

just took a brief look. no-one mentioned the MCU yet. does it have temperature monitoring too? that would be nice.
The firmware flow chart fell off somehow. I'll fix that one of these days. The temperature monitoring is briefly mentioned in chapter 8.

Something not mentioned in the data sheet is that the MCU logs errors. Nothing much but things like "amp turned off because of overvoltage/undervoltage/overtemperature/overcurrent etc" plus the associated readout.

:)

Attachments

• Photo 16 42 06 21.12.11.jpg
    Photo 16 42 06 21.12.11.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 698
Status
Not open for further replies.