hypex ncore - Page 442 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2012, 09:45 AM   #4411
diyAudio Member

Well indeed, first, the blue & green have been mixed up AND the power levels were off by a factor 2. I modified the data sheet and sent it to our web master. Should come online somewhere today.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:53 PM   #4412
diyAudio Member

The corrected data sheet is up. Thx for keeping me on the ball.
Old 14th June 2012, 03:09 PM   #4413
hifial is offline hifial  United States
diyAudio Member

Default NC400 vs NC1200 data sheet

Bruno, the data sheet for the NC400 seems to show much better distortion figures then the data on the NC1200. I realize that the figures are low as they are and I realize that the NC1200 has more watts but I would have thought seeing how the NC1200 is the top line OEM module its figures would be better (if not equal to) then the NC400.
Old 14th June 2012, 03:24 PM   #4414
diyAudio Member

The NC1200 has a bigger and hence slower power stage. That determines how good distortion can get. As it is, I think the distortion of the NC1200 is low enough for any use it can be put to. The interpretation that the NC1200 should be higher up the ladder compared to the NC400 is yours. The NC400 has fancy discrete audio circuitry which the NC1200 doesn't have. They're different modules for different markets. I certainly don't see one above or below the other.
Old 14th June 2012, 03:50 PM   #4415
jtwrace is offline jtwrace  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
That said, its all about how it sounds (to me at least)

I agree! I'm still impressed when I listen. Just fantastic IMO.
Old 14th June 2012, 03:51 PM   #4416
hifial is offline hifial  United States
diyAudio Member

Please do not misinterpret my question as I was not trying to imply just wondering why. I think it is rare that a company would offer them as Hypex has and it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for the info.
Old 14th June 2012, 04:43 PM   #4417
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPa View Post
What I don't understand is why in the THD vs freq plot, the 10W distortion is shown as higher than the 1W distortion. This doesn't match up with any of the THD+N vs. power plots
Oh, OK. I was applying the noise-as-floor concept to the left graph, but treated the right graph as an absolute level instead of a percentage... in other words, I saw what I wanted to see. I had looked sideways at the graph until punting: the shape of the bottom, green "1 Watt" trace had that nice flatness to it so I ignored percentage vs. level. Those low swoops on the graphs make me dizzy . Thanks for explaining the problem and inciting a correction.

When Bruno refers to Erlend's amp build, it helps to see another linear supply (UcD, not ncore) amp which is equally roomy but neatly laid out here:
http://www.virtalahde.com/0306_vahv1.JPG
Virtalähde Mastering
It looks like more wires should be twisted, and everything should be closer together, but Jakko is pretty careful. He has a great combination of electronic design and construction skills plus an ME's ear.

Last edited by Sam Lord; 14th June 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 15th June 2012, 04:57 PM   #4418
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
It looks like more wires should be twisted, and everything should be closer together, but Jakko is pretty careful. He has a great combination of electronic design and construction skills plus an ME's ear.
Great looking power supply, but I would hate to see a compact, efficient amp such as nCore saddled with a huge, bulky, inefficient unregulated PS...
Old 15th June 2012, 05:34 PM   #4419
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Great looking power supply, but I would hate to see a compact, efficient amp such as nCore saddled with a huge, bulky, inefficient unregulated PS...
c'mon... so you mean you would use a switching amp with a switching supply? that doesn't make any sense.
Old 15th June 2012, 05:36 PM   #4420
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
c'mon... so you mean you would use a switching amp with a switching supply? that doesn't make any sense.
Yeah - what would happen if one switches on while the other switches off? The mind boggles...

Hide this!Advertise here!