hypex ncore - Page 441 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2012, 12:54 AM   #4401
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientalexpress View Post
Nope,i don't think so.It's straight from Jen peter mouth himself .I can post the email exchange between me and Jen Peter if you want?I want Jen peter answer this himself.It's pretty Clear when i cancel my order on Monday and shipping is on Wednesday

lapsan
Deal with this off forum. Posting private correspondence without the writer's permission is a violation of forum policy. Read and familiarize yourself with our rules.
Old 14th June 2012, 01:05 AM   #4402
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
Deal with this off forum. Posting private correspondence without the writer's permission is a violation of forum policy. Read and familiarize yourself with our rules.
I understand .
Old 14th June 2012, 05:28 AM   #4403
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPa View Post
No, in all the thd + noise plots the distortion is higher at 1w than 10w, but not in the right hand plot
Huh? THD+N is higher at lower powers because of the noise floor, but THD is roughly lowest (of the 3 power levels shown) at 1 Watt. Why THD drops as freq rises above several kHz is at once wonderful and freqy . Actually it makes me wonder if it's an artifact of the measurement gear. These amps are linear...too linear!

Last edited by Sam Lord; 14th June 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 14th June 2012, 05:55 AM   #4404
Julf is online now Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_mcf View Post
I don't understand why negative people continue to push their negativity when it is clearly unwelcome.
The Daily Mash: 88% of trolls are actually just morons
Old 14th June 2012, 07:43 AM   #4405
diyAudio Member

At 1W at all impedances the analyser sees only noise. The plot is called THD+N for a reason. Measuring THD when noise is greater than the distortion is difficult. So, as soon as distortion has dropped into the noise floor, the THD+N graph actually shows noise-to-signal ratio. I hope the attached pdf helps clarify matters.

The noise voltage is constant, but the voltage corresponding to 1W depends on the impedance. So, noise-to-signal is lowest at 8 ohms.

@Erland, the fact that you have not sold your Ncore modules shows your ears and your mouth disagree. Your behaviour shows that you have a personal gripe against Hypex, godnoze for what infraction, and you have decided to take that out on a public forum. Unfortunately for you, you have posted photographs of your power supply and your listening setup (and your wonderful midrange which proves your speakers must be world's best) so everyone knows exactly how serious to take you. Your continued presence not so much shows your fighting chops as your inability to hear the smirking.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf thd uitleg.pdf (190.3 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by Bruno Putzeys; 14th June 2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 14th June 2012, 08:20 AM   #4406
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
At 1W at all impedances the analyser sees only noise. The plot is called THD+N for a reason. Measuring THD when noise is greater than the distortion is difficult. So, as soon as distortion has dropped into the noise floor, the THD+N graph actually shows noise-to-signal ratio. I hope the attached pdf helps clarify matters.

The noise voltage is constant, but the voltage corresponding to 1W depends on the impedance. So, noise-to-signal is lowest at 8 ohms.
I could see all that from the original THD + N vs. power plots (although your revised plot makes it quite clear without tilting your head on the side)

What I don't understand is why in the THD vs freq plot, the 10W distortion is shown as higher than the 1W distortion. This doesn't match up with any of the THD+N vs. power plots
Old 14th June 2012, 08:47 AM   #4407
diyAudio Member

I see what you're getting at. The THD vs F plot is mislabeled. It's already been brought to my attention but somehow fixing the data sheet doesn't help if one doesn't subsequently upload it... I'll see to it.
Old 14th June 2012, 09:02 AM   #4408
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
I see what you're getting at. The THD vs F plot is mislabeled. It's already been brought to my attention but somehow fixing the data sheet doesn't help if one doesn't subsequently upload it... I'll see to it.
If the right hand plot is @4R, it would appear to be both the 10W and 100W curves that have been placed where the 1W should be and vice versa.

According to the left hand plot, 10 and 100W should both be @ 0.00045% where the 1W seems to sneak just above 0,001% -if all is @4R of course
Old 14th June 2012, 09:18 AM   #4409
diyAudio Member

Hmm you're right. So I pulled up the AP files. The trace labeled 100W was actually done at 200W... Then you can see that the 100Hz, 1kHz and 6kHz points match up exactly.

Edit: and the 1W was at 2W and the 10W was at 20. I'm selling myself short.

Last edited by Bruno Putzeys; 14th June 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 14th June 2012, 09:31 AM   #4410
diyAudio Member

200W makes a lot of sense, but the blue (10 or 20 W) and green (1 or 2 W) curves at the right hand plot doesn´t seem to add up to what the left plot tells.

BUT if as what ChirsPa says, that the blue and green have been mixed up, then everything seem to fall into place.

2W gives just beneath 0,001% THD+N (the blue) and 20W gives around 0,00045% THD + N (green)

That said, its all about how it sounds (to me at least)

Hide this!Advertise here!