hypex ncore - Page 392 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th May 2012, 11:46 AM   #3911
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Ah, but how about "Californication"?
)), this album was mastered by vlad miller,
he 'raped' also last Janes Addiction album, there's about -2.5dB RMS in choruses of second song !!!!! madness..
check this name- every record he touch - it's unlistenable
Old 9th May 2012, 12:49 PM   #3912
Omholt is offline Omholt  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goophy View Post
I put mine up for sale this weekend.
Finally got my new speakers, and 80% of my music sounded like ****.

The flaws are revealed way too easy and it's impossible to avoid paying attention to hard compression, limiting and musical/studio flaws.

They sound awesome on extremely good recordings though.

Guess I can't make the compromise to clean up my music collection.
How do your speakers measure in your listening position?
Just wondering if what you're experiencing is more related to frequency response, ETC, waterfall etc. rather then the Ncore being too revealing.
Old 9th May 2012, 03:08 PM   #3913
Goophy is offline Goophy  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omholt View Post
How do your speakers measure in your listening position?
Just wondering if what you're experiencing is more related to frequency response, ETC, waterfall etc. rather then the Ncore being too revealing.
They measure OK. Not perfect yet, but nothing that should make it like that on certain albums only.
Old 9th May 2012, 03:11 PM   #3914
diyAudio Member

What speakers are you talking about ? Picture !
Old 9th May 2012, 06:15 PM   #3915
ghs is offline ghs
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzingbear View Post
the Ncore is unlike any other amp I have heard or seen measurements on, when I talk about clipping, I am doing that because it doesn't loose control or change tonal texture before then. That is amazing. I have not heard that on any other amp. I have been in professional audio since 1980 in both broadcast and music industry support for the last 18 years or so. I have heard many great amps and many (untruthful) gorgeous amps. This is the most honest amp I have heard.

Right now I am using them on my alnico Tannoy HPD12s. not a truthful system, but very fun. I'll switch back to my "hirez" speakers when I put my room back together.

If you are using 1kW amps for maggies, I guessing that you are looking for voltage gain, so a measurement would be in order.

Alan

Thanks for the reply Alan,

What's bothering me is that Hypex(Bruno and Jan-Peter) brings out their own amp based on the Ncore1200(Mola-Mola).
This modules are not for sale (only for selected firms) but have the extra power.

Jerry
Old 9th May 2012, 07:54 PM   #3916
avr300 is offline avr300  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Why are you bothered? I think Bruno and JP are in perfect position to do just what they want, don't you?

The 1200 has never been aimed for the DIY marked. Just read this thread from the beginning.

If you need the power - I'm sure that the Mola-Mola are for sale.

So - no need to bother
Old 9th May 2012, 09:35 PM   #3917
ghs is offline ghs
diyAudio Member

I understand the coarse of Hypex, but that doesn't fill in my questions. And certainly reading it form the start isn't helping. BTW this is also a board for people to build their own amp's with the Ncore's.
Jerry
Old 9th May 2012, 10:26 PM   #3918
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghs View Post
Thanks for the reply Alan,

What's bothering me is that Hypex(Bruno and Jan-Peter) brings out their own amp based on the Ncore1200(Mola-Mola).
This modules are not for sale (only for selected firms) but have the extra power.

Jerry
My guess? Marketing.

99.5% of users will never need more than the rating of the NC400, and most not even close to that. But some want even (ever?) more.

They are a company that wants to make a profit and compete well, therefore the DIY product needs to be "less" than the retail product.
Even though the sound within its limits should be the same. (see graphs)

Alan
Old 9th May 2012, 10:32 PM   #3919
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzingbear View Post
My guess? Marketing.

99.5% of users will never need more than the rating of the NC400, and most not even close to that. But some want even (ever?) more.

They are a company that wants to make a profit and compete well, therefore the DIY product needs to be "less" than the retail product.
Even though the sound within its limits should be the same. (see graphs)

Alan
+1 Agree.
Old 9th May 2012, 10:52 PM   #3920
diyAudio Member

Bruno himself admitted right from the start that they didn't want the DIY modules to pose a threat to their OEM clients. It's understandable.
Perhaps they didn't do that good a job on that front, but they can at least claim they tried.

Hide this!Advertise here!