hypex ncore - Page 364 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th April 2012, 11:22 AM   #3631
diyAudio Member

Going to order this case from protocase soon. Is there anything Ive forgotten? I have made a cut out for a on off switch beneath the case in front Primare-style.
The case is 30x30x7cm and for two nc400 and two smps600s. Now I gotta just wait for the actual electronics to arrive, hopefully next batch.
Attached Images
File Type: png Skjermbilde 2012-04-12 kl. 13.03.48.png (58.2 KB, 583 views)
Old 12th April 2012, 11:44 AM   #3632
diyAudio Member

What power connector will you use there?
Old 12th April 2012, 01:31 PM   #3633
diyAudio Member

Hypex one I thought?
Old 12th April 2012, 02:33 PM   #3634
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
This is my "scoope":

Click the image to open in full size.

Tektronix model 310, about 60 years old.

Haha I had one just like that once.
Old 12th April 2012, 05:38 PM   #3635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Yes, I am assuming there is some sort of regulation on the nc400, but the specs don't cite any rejection ratio for the input stage, so can't verify...
Bruno has said specifically that he uses the HxR regulators on board, and if I remember correctly he talks about the psrr of the input stage in his notes previously cited.

Also the data for the NC400 give the psrr of the complete unit, not insignificant at 80db typ for 1khz. Remember most are specd at 60 or 120hz which is usually considerably better than 1KHz. The input stage can't be any worse than that.

At a minimum they will certainly work fine with zener protected (limited) signal stage rails. Which I would say is better than shutting down from overvoltage.

Alan

Last edited by waltzingbear; 12th April 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12th April 2012, 06:18 PM   #3636
diyAudio Member

Quote:
...I still suspect thermal damage to the intermediate layers of the PCB - it seems to be at least a 4-layer one.
I hope you get your last channel either working or replaced soon, you should have an incredible system at the end!
Quote:
Great link!
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzingbear View Post
...the psrr of the complete unit, not insignificant at 80db typ for 1khz...The input stage can't be any worse than that.
Ah, right (smacks head)! Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzingbear View Post
At a minimum they will certainly work fine with zener protected (limited) signal stage rails. Which I would say is better than shutting down from overvoltage.
QFT
Old 13th April 2012, 04:45 AM   #3637
diyAudio Member

I've been playing now a few days with my NCore's on my new XTZ loudspeakers. Type 99.38 MKii as front and read loudspeakers and a type 99.36 MKii as center speaker. I really enjoy the sound. Very tight controlled bass and superb clarity.
This week I also listened to an Ayon Spirit III tube amplifier. A major difference is really the lack of control the tube amplifier had in the Bass region. Not my type of sound.
I'm really happy that for the same amount of money you can buy an Ayon Spirit III stereo tube amp I bought all the components for my 5 NCore's.
Old 13th April 2012, 11:46 AM   #3638
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No, didn't use a microscope, but a 8x magnifying glass - pretty sure there are no solder bridges.
As an update - Jos Wolthuis from Hypex very kindly provided me with a picture of the hidden layers of PC tracks around R141, and using that I tried to bridge around the damaged solder pad - unfortunately unsuccessfully. So project on hold until I get a replacement from the next batch...
Old 13th April 2012, 05:08 PM   #3639
yetis is offline yetis  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I would like to make my own balanced connections between the amp and my XLR inputs. I just wanted to verify that I have the right part.

This is the correct Molex connector, correct?
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/355...3025-0400.html

What I don't know is, what Crimp Terminal do I want to use?
View List

Thank you
Old 13th April 2012, 06:29 PM   #3640
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSch View Post
I've been playing now a few days with my NCore's on my new XTZ loudspeakers. Type 99.38 MKii as front and read loudspeakers and a type 99.36 MKii as center speaker. I really enjoy the sound. Very tight controlled bass and superb clarity.
This week I also listened to an Ayon Spirit III tube amplifier. A major difference is really the lack of control the tube amplifier had in the Bass region. Not my type of sound.
I'm really happy that for the same amount of money you can buy an Ayon Spirit III stereo tube amp I bought all the components for my 5 NCore's.
The ncore is supposed to be the best amplifier in the world, even better than linear amps. And all you say is superb clarity. Is that all? Is it just marketing again?

Hide this!Advertise here!