hypex ncore - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th August 2011, 10:06 AM   #311
diyAudio Member

Linguistic mishap I didn't say you don't see anything in the FFT, I only mentioned a number of things you don't see in the FFT, in response to "says it all on the amp will sound like" (which you probably didn't mean as absolutely as it sounds).

The FFT plot shows no mains related components at all. Where do you spot ripple?
Old 10th August 2011, 10:13 AM   #312
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
Linguistic mishap I didn't say you don't see anything in the FFT, I only mentioned a number of things you don't see in the FFT, in response to "says it all on the amp will sound like" (which you probably didn't mean as absolutely as it sounds).

The FFT plot shows no mains related components at all. Where do you spot ripple?
Thank for remember me, things that not see in fft.
Just a flat from 10 to 500Hz. you have special filter? or smps is absolute clean in this segment?
Old 10th August 2011, 10:29 AM   #313
diyAudio Member

Ri-ight... So from the lack of ripple in the output you conclude that supply ripple is 5mV. That would be an impressive feat of deduction, if it were even remotely close. For your information, at 30W/4 ohm I measure a 400mV peak/peak 100Hz sawtooth with another 400mVpp 1kHz sinewave superimposed on it. What you are seeing is an amplifier that has very good PSRR, combined with an unregulated SMPS.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:49 AM   #314
Banned

I think that is normal my deduction, if you have-128dB at 100Hz (with 30w on 0dB). However, your 400mVpp at 100Hz, why are not seen on the FFT? Also, your SMPS have not harmonic?
It makes no sense, I think, see an FFT that does not say how things are. and I think that just in case of class D with the SMPS, which recommends, should be shown a fft least up to 50Khz. (or not show)
I will not comment after 1Khz in your fft.

Regards
Roberto
Old 10th August 2011, 11:22 AM   #315
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
However, your 400mVpp at 100Hz, why are not seen on the FFT? Also, your SMPS have not harmonic?
It makes no sense, I think, see an FFT that does not say how things are
I think (in terms of 50Hz artefacts) the fft says exactly how things are - as Bruno said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
What you are seeing is an amplifier that has very good PSRR
Old 10th August 2011, 12:21 PM   #316
diyAudio Member

Roberto you might have to live with the fact that this amp's PSRR simply is as good as the measurement suggests. Period.

Regards

Charles
Old 10th August 2011, 12:27 PM   #317
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase_accurate View Post
Roberto you might have to live with the fact that this amp's PSRR simply is as good as the measurement suggests. Period.

Regards

Charles
Hi Charles,
Please, not think that I want problem or not see good Bruno or Hypex.
Yes, know psrr, i have in DXA amp.
But in this FFT, segment 10 to 500Hz is absolute flat (at noise level). if you want that I agree, ...i not agree.

Regards
Roberto
Old 10th August 2011, 02:28 PM   #318
diyAudio Member

(slightly miffed now) Well, Roberto, if you do not agree, please propose an explanation of your own. Preferably one that doesn't assume sleight of hand on my part. I mean, with all due respect, there might just be the slightest chance that I understand the teensiest smidgen more than you how my own amps work. In fact I would humbly submit that my results appear to suggest that in absolute terms I know rather well what I'm about. This in turn might explain why I'm not surprised at the plot I posted yesterday. After all, engineering is knowing exactly what you're going to get and doing something else if that isn't what you wanted. There's no black art involved. Neither black art nor subterfuge are required to explain my results. Electronics wholly suffices. If you choose not to accept this, that's all the better for me because I only fear competition from folk who understand what I'm doing and hence are capable of doing it themselves.

The DUT was still wired up on my bench so here's a picture. It's one of the cute boxes that we send to those selected customers I mentioned earlier. They contain an SMPS1200 and an NC1200. The SMPS is basically rectification + storage + chopper with synchronous secondary rectification. The latter could be of interest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _IGP6689.jpg (155.0 KB, 667 views)

Last edited by Bruno Putzeys; 10th August 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10th August 2011, 03:03 PM   #319
diyAudio Member

Bruno that doesn't look cute - it looks damn cute !!!!! Could easily be sold this way (with a top cover of course - for the non technical people out there).

Regards

Charles
Old 10th August 2011, 03:10 PM   #320
diyAudio Member

We do ship it with the lid on, but over the years I've learned that uncovered is the natural state for an amplifier.

Hide this!Advertise here!