hypex ncore - Page 319 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st March 2012, 11:46 AM   #3181
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

This forum needs a mutex function so that one can set a "I am already typing a reply to this one" lock on a posting
Old 31st March 2012, 11:56 AM   #3182
diyAudio Member

Thanks ChrisPa and Julf.
Kjartan
Old 31st March 2012, 12:09 PM   #3183
diyAudio Member

Done stripping without cutting through more than the isolation .. puff
Kjartan
Old 31st March 2012, 12:14 PM   #3184
diyAudio Member

Seems like I am the only one who can not like SMPS . I use Transformers and caps .

So my next question is what to do with the lead from pin 5 on the J 7 ( n fatal : Catastrophic fault indication, inverse of internal FATAL bit )

Cannot find anything in the Datasheet about this.
Old 31st March 2012, 12:16 PM   #3185
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbergsson View Post
Done stripping without cutting through more than the isolation .. puff
Well done! I went for the brute force method and cut the cables and soldered them back together - with increasing age, I find both my dexterity and eyesight are deteriorating, so I often have to resort to "quick and dirty"
Old 31st March 2012, 12:24 PM   #3186
robbbby is offline robbbby  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Are you using the SMPS600, or some other power supply? The SMPS600 has a SMPS standby input.

It also sounds like you have some DC on your DAC output. Have you measured the DC component on the output?
i'm using a smps600. So if it has a standby it is fine not powering the amp down at all? Even without switching the nampon off? I just don't like the loud noise I get when I shut off the dac with the amp on.

I have not measured anything, where the heck on my dac would I measure for DC, i'm using xlr for outputs.
Old 31st March 2012, 12:34 PM   #3187
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbby View Post
i'm using a smps600. So if it has a standby it is fine not powering the amp down at all? Even without switching the nampon off?
Yes - turn the amp off by using the smps600 standby input.

Quote:
I have not measured anything, where the heck on my dac would I measure for DC, i'm using xlr for outputs.
You can measure the DC at the amp output - it is DC coupled, so any DC offset at the DAC output will be amplified as well. The DAC should have an output capacitor to isolate any DC bias from the output, but that is a *should* - not all DACs do.
Old 31st March 2012, 12:39 PM   #3188
diyAudio Member

So when should I measure for DC when there is no music playing? Or when I go to shut it off?
Old 31st March 2012, 12:40 PM   #3189
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend Sæterdal View Post
Seems like I am the only one who can not like SMPS . I use Transformers and caps/
For emotional/religiuous/ethical reasons?

Quote:
So my next question is what to do with the lead from pin 5 on the J 7 ( n fatal : Catastrophic fault indication, inverse of internal FATAL bit )

Cannot find anything in the Datasheet about this.
Haver a look at paragraph 8.1. nFATAL is pulled down if the amp stops oscillating and outputs a large DC - if you do your own power supply, you need to react to nFATAL by either turning off the amp/power supply, or switching out the speakers. Or you could use your speakers as very expensive fuses
Old 31st March 2012, 12:43 PM   #3190
diyAudio Member

Ok I just looked at the standby thing, hadn't even looked at that extra connector for the smps, didn't think I needed it. pin 1 & 2 are the standby and it says that it's normally closed, so if I put them on a switch does joining the two leads put the amp in standby and breaking the connection turns it on?

Hide this!Advertise here!