hypex ncore - Page 313 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2012, 02:18 PM   #3121
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default DLCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
Yes I know, I read that thread some months back . Hence my description of this as the 2nd beta. If you want, call this the 'Release Candidate' (to copy from Microsoft) but a lot can change and a lot of time can pass between RC and production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
The major cause of delay was the software, confirmed by Hypex on the above forum. And they wanted to do some tweaks on the board. The software issue will be solved by now ( see the Grimm LS1). I do not think they will do a second betatest, only a 0 series batch for early adaptors......
We'll see.
I don't see a difference between '0 series batch for early adaptors' and beta. Anything found by these 'early adaptors' would be revised prior to production, so it still feels like a beta to me.
And I still don't interpret Jan-Peter's posts as an announcement of imminent production

Once again
... patience
Old 28th March 2012, 06:51 PM   #3122
diyAudio Member

On Monday my 5 NCore's and 5 SMPS600 arrived.

Here is a picture before the assembly of the first amplifier started:
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Currently I'm waiting, hopefully tomorrow, for a hole cutter suitable to fit a XLR-chassis plug. So I can tomorrow evening progress on assembly of the first amplifier and do some testing with it. If everything works okay than the remaining 4 will be assembled early next week. (I'm going on a weekend trip with 3 friends without wife and children. That is something I don't want to miss...)

Definitely I would like to have finished them before my new speakers arrive. 4* XTZ 99.38 MKII and 1* XTZ 99.36 MKII.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:11 PM   #3123
diyAudio Member

Just need a confirmation please, if I am putting all this in one case, then I only need one smps for the two nc400's, and there is zero degradation in performance in doing so, correct?
Old 28th March 2012, 07:21 PM   #3124
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelman View Post
Just need a confirmation please, if I am putting all this in one case, then I only need one smps for the two nc400's, and there is zero degradation in performance in doing so, correct?
There is degradation in total power. The SMPS600 is a 600W supply, so if both amps are working equally hard, you will only get 2 x 300W output (as opposed to 2 x 400W if you have separate supplies for each amp).
Old 28th March 2012, 09:00 PM   #3125
diyAudio Member

Is actually capable of a consistent 400 watts? Someone suggested it might be closer to 300 watts rms
Old 28th March 2012, 09:21 PM   #3126
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
There is degradation in total power. The SMPS600 is a 600W supply, so if both amps are working equally hard, you will only get 2 x 300W output (as opposed to 2 x 400W if you have separate supplies for each amp).
True only if your signal is a highest-level, in-phase high-duty-cycle signal = unlistenable test signal. For a more typical music signal, the addition of each channel drops the max output voltage by an amount related to the crest factor of the signal.

Start worrying after 4-6 channels...and adding filter caps is an option, or would be if there were room for them. If you want better channel separation, well above the absolute floor of 85dB PSRR, you should get more PSs.

Last edited by Sam Lord; 28th March 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 28th March 2012, 09:23 PM   #3127
mjock3 is offline mjock3  United States
diyAudio Member

RogerSch that just is incredible!! What are you using for cases?
Old 28th March 2012, 10:49 PM   #3128
diyAudio Member

+1 for Marchand
http://marchandelec.com

I did not hear any coloration with MG3.3 and MG3.6 and I heard incredible improvement especially on the bass but also on the mid-highs.

I had ordered from them an XM9 and a bunch of mounted resistors to be able to experiment with a range of crossover frequencies.

Interestingly I was only able to satisfactorily match it with a REL subwoofer after I got rid of the original passive crossover. Before bi-amping the magic did not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailtim View Post
The Bryston 10B Sub has the identical asymetric point/slope options as the Magnepan 3.6's and is referenced without being spefically named in the Maggie 3.6 manual.

The DEQX HDP-3 and HDP-4 add speaker and room correction (analog or digital in and analog or digital out).

The Marchand kits can be bought pre-assembled or DIY.
Old 29th March 2012, 04:05 AM   #3129
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjock3 View Post
RogerSch that just is incredible!! What are you using for cases?
Hi Mjock3, I'm using these cases: A18 Black Full Aluminium DAC Case Enclosure | eBay
Old 29th March 2012, 06:00 AM   #3130
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
True only if your signal is a highest-level, in-phase high-duty-cycle signal = unlistenable test signal.
Sure - I was just being conservative and going for the worst case scenario.

Hide this!Advertise here!