hypex ncore - Page 311 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2012, 11:59 PM   #3101
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Can you buy ready made cables of different lengths? I have just place my modules on a print out of my chassis design base layout and there are two minor issues. One is that the cable between the power supply and amp module is not far off twice as long as it needs to be and with it being such a thick bunch of cables it makes it a bit awkward and messy and the other is that the supplied power lead is probably going to be fractionally too short. I have found the connector parts to order and possibly make my own cables but I don't have a proper crimping tool, wouldn't know which to buy and have never worked with such cables. If you can buy them already made up at either custom or specified lengths that would be great or is that something Hypex could do (obviously for an appropriate price)?
Old 28th March 2012, 03:13 AM   #3102
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Verhoeven View Post
None... If you can point me to something, I could look into it. I really don't like the ones which first convert from analog to digital and back. If there is a solution for the digital domain, that would be fine, I need an extra DAC for the low pass channel in that case.
Hypex is supposedly going to release their DLCP in Q2 which is a 2x6 DSP/DAC/PRE similar in design and functionality to that used in the Grimm Audio LS1 speakers. It appears to take SPDIF in without an additional A/D stage, but it is unclear if it will take an asynchronous USB input which would be nice. I have a Metric Halo 8 channel FireWire DAC/ADC/DSP/PRE which provides a nice "pure digital" environment for active crossover duties. The trade off, however, is that it doesn't have the slick UI of the miniDSP.

The exasound e18 DAC is another interesting integrated solution.
Old 28th March 2012, 05:25 AM   #3103
Ianmac is offline Ianmac  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Peter View Post

So we would encourage everybody to share their experience!
Would love to
Whats the situation with those of us waiting on a week 11 order ?

The feedback from Hypex is 120 db down.
Old 28th March 2012, 06:01 AM   #3104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianmac View Post
Would love to
Whats the situation with those of us waiting on a week 11 order ?

The feedback from Hypex is 120 db down.
Next delivery is scheduled for the end of April. More feedback we cannot give....
Old 28th March 2012, 06:42 AM   #3105
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earflappin View Post
Hypex is supposedly going to release their DLCP in Q2
Really? Where did you get that date/time frame from?

Hypex have been publicly quiet on the DLCP

PS. my modules have arrived but it's stunning gardening weather at the moment

Last edited by ChrisPa; 28th March 2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:53 AM   #3106
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPa View Post
Really? Where did you get that date/time frame from?

Hypex have been publicly quiet on the DLCP

PS. my modules have arrived but it's stunning gardening weather at the moment
Jan-Peter, told at a dutch audio forum that the new proto pcb is ordered last week. In a couple of weeks they will start a 0 serie batch.

Gerhard
Old 28th March 2012, 08:22 AM   #3107
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omholt View Post
Perhaps someone are buying loads of them (with different names and addresses), putting them in a fancy chassis, adding the usual bs commercial on their website and selling them at ultra high-end price. No wonder you don't get more feedbacks.
Sir

Please take the time to read the Hypex webshop message from JP about NC400 and SMPS600.....

"Volume policy: The NC400 is expressly designed for DIY Hi-Fi enthousiasts and is sold directly to the end customer. Volume discounts are not given and OEM sales are not solicited."

As a fledgling hi fi manufacturer and choosing Hypex as our OEM amp module supplier, I object to your slanderous allegations that we are just "putting them in a fancy chassis, adding the usual bs commercial on their website and selling them at ultra high-end price"

I wish I could use NCore but, at the moment Hypex chose to release this ground breaking technology only to DIY cynics like you.

Rejoice in the fact that you can purchase a power amplifier which is superior to a huge number of very high end commercial amps and be allowed to build it on the kitchen table, put it in a biscuit tin if you wish... and not give a thought for any EN or EMC regulations or CE marking. This does not include the majority of responsible members of this thread who are finding out how much it costs to install their NC's in attractive and safe cases.

How much do you think these hoops which we have to jump through cost? How much do you think it costs to set up a serious manufacturing facility? and do you really know how much a distributor/dealer network takes for their effort to bring our product to market? We don't just buy a Hypex module and PSU and say "How much can we get away with selling this for?" Every last component has to be costed carefully and when the cost is finalised, then the profit is added to cover overheads and wages etc. Then the rest of the selling chain do the same and the retail price is reached and....then add 20% VAT!

Not everyone has the skill or inclination of the DIYer to 'make' their own gear be it hi fi or any other hobby kit or we would all be brandishing soldering irons and driving round in kit cars wearing clothes we made in our spare time in the garden shed which we bought on ebay and put up over the weekend.

Rant over.......

Still love the thread

Come to think of it, I built MY own shed once!! and built an AC Cobra replica in my youth !!!! Hmmmm!

Last edited by acousticimagery; 28th March 2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Additional thought
Old 28th March 2012, 08:31 AM   #3108
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default DLCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
Jan-Peter, told at a dutch audio forum that the new proto pcb is ordered last week. In a couple of weeks they will start a 0 serie batch.

Gerhard
Any chance of a link?

Is that a mk2 prototype or a sample production board. If sample production board, it feels more like Q3/Q4 to me
...with initial batches being sold out immediately, so they won't be generally available until Q2 2013
Old 28th March 2012, 09:34 AM   #3109
matjans is offline matjans  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to matjans
Quote:
Any chance of a link?
forum.zelfbouwaudio.nl • Toon onderwerp - Vooraankondiging Hypex High End DSP platform

Top of the page. It's in dutch, so you'll have to google-translate it.

edit: read the rest of the page too for info, they're not delivering, it's about picking up the design again.

Last edited by matjans; 28th March 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo
Old 28th March 2012, 09:40 AM   #3110
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Any chance of a link?

Is that a mk2 prototype or a sample production board. If sample production board, it feels more like Q3/Q4 to me
...with initial batches being sold out immediately, so they won't be generally available until Q2 2013
Can give you a qoute but it is in dutch....

Hypex did a betatest with the dlcp. They decided to redesign the board before putting it on the market. Because of the development of the Ncore this project became on hold. A couple of weeks ago they started working on it again. If the redesigned board is ok they will run a test batch. If everthing works out nice I don not see a problem with Q2 as a release date.

Gerhard

Hide this!Advertise here!