hypex ncore - Page 266 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 09:35 PM   #2651
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland. Oregon
OK, I'll bite. Why do you guys call these switches "vandal". I see no reference to that in the data sheet.

Yes, they include the resistor in the switch, so you can use a higher voltage with an external resistor if desired.

Cheers

Alan Garren
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 09:41 PM   #2652
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Thanks Alan. These switches are designed to resist tampering for applications such as vending machines and the like. Most of them come with o-rings to make them water resistant and so on...

Bob
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 10:37 PM   #2653
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I have seen the light pipes on farnell etc but they all seem to be mounted to a pcb (with an LED on it). What I want to do is fit a flat faced light pipe/LED or LED flush with the outer edge of a 10mm panel using the best and simplest method. I would power it off the aux/ctrl circuit of the SMPS600. I was going to use a vandal switch on the front (and might still do so) but am now thinking it is probably unnecessary and too big for the design.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 06:13 AM   #2654
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Corpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
Can anyone offer any advice/help with fitting light pipes and LEDs? I want a 3mm (or 5mm) flush (flat) indicator on a front panel of probably 10mm thickness so need to work out what to buy and how to fit it. I will also need to know how to fit the LED and what resistor to buy (I can probably work out the resistance).
I use a circuit with a single LED which only lights up when both smps600 are powered. I use a optocoupler to achieve this but it is possible to use a transistor as well.

I`ll post the circuit as soon as get to a normal computer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 06:39 AM   #2655
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland. Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steidl Guitars View Post
Thanks Alan. These switches are designed to resist tampering for applications such as vending machines and the like. Most of them come with o-rings to make them water resistant and so on...

Bob
Thanks, I thought maybe they were about to sack Rome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 06:52 AM   #2656
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At the output stage
Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
I have seen the light pipes on farnell etc but they all seem to be mounted to a pcb (with an LED on it). What I want to do is fit a flat faced light pipe/LED or LED flush with the outer edge of a 10mm panel using the best and simplest method. I would power it off the aux/ctrl circuit of the SMPS600. I was going to use a vandal switch on the front (and might still do so) but am now thinking it is probably unnecessary and too big for the design.
then use a flat top LED fitted flush to front panel. the hole may need to be wider at back on the panel so the LED top reaches the surface of the panel.
__________________
we all love a good ol' stereotype until it's against us
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 07:03 AM   #2657
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
then use a flat top LED fitted flush to front panel. the hole may need to be wider at back on the panel so the LED top reaches the surface of the panel.
In which case do you glue it in place and just solder a resistor to the positive side then shrink wrap it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 07:04 AM   #2658
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
I use a circuit with a single LED which only lights up when both smps600 are powered. I use a optocoupler to achieve this but it is possible to use a transistor as well.

I`ll post the circuit as soon as get to a normal computer.
I am making monoblocks so just need it to indicate when the SMPS is switched on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 07:08 AM   #2659
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At the output stage
Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
In which case do you glue it in place and just solder a resistor to the positive side then shrink wrap it?
why not.
__________________
we all love a good ol' stereotype until it's against us
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 07:29 AM   #2660
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
It seems this is more compicated than I thought as they seem to operate at much lower voltages than the 21V aux output unless someone can point me in the direction of a suitable 3mm flush mount clear blue LED.

(I think I might now understand this better having found an equation but help would still be appreciated)

Last edited by dan1502; 27th February 2012 at 07:54 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypex problem, who can help Hansms Class D 9 18th August 2013 06:49 AM
Hypex steveww Class D 14 18th November 2010 01:44 PM
Question for those who have tried hypex smps with hypex modules avian Class D 12 3rd March 2009 09:30 AM
Hypex UcD 180AD + signal wires, Power Supply ST, Hypex Transformer TR100A c10h12n2 Swap Meet 7 7th July 2007 03:55 PM
FS: Hypex UcD 400/180AD, hypex toroid Archmage Swap Meet 4 14th November 2006 04:23 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2