hypex ncore - Page 167 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2012, 08:58 PM   #1661
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
I tested on 102 dB efficient speakers.... 2x 15" plus Beyma TPL150.
no problem, the tube/low NFB "subjectivist" camp will always find some other excuse
Old 16th January 2012, 09:11 PM   #1662
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter t View Post
I know the sound of UCD, and expecting Ncore to sound better than UCD is self-evident; therefore confirmation of better sound by people switching from UCD to Ncore (Stig Erik), with all respect, does not tell me how Ncore performs amidst other high quality amplifiers, be it class A, A/B, solid state or tube.
once again we disagree. I think we were meant to
comparison to any reference is not useless as long as it tries to be more than the regular "beats the pants off" kind of "review".

Quote:
Time will tell.
not sure that's true. given the amount of crap on the market that's still selling, the test of time is not relevant (to me).
as someone said in a private conversation I've had recently "problem customers will always complain no matter what, while the happy customers usually don't bother to post impressions".
Old 16th January 2012, 09:15 PM   #1663
diyAudio Member

"...problem customers will always complain no matter what, while the happy customers usually don't bother to post impressions".

No truer words have ever been spoken. I certainly have found that to be the case with customers to my business.
Old 16th January 2012, 09:26 PM   #1664
matjans is offline matjans  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to matjans
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlearner View Post
"...problem customers will always complain no matter what, while the happy customers usually don't bother to post impressions".

No truer words have ever been spoken. I certainly have found that to be the case with customers to my business.
+1

Think that's "just human".
Old 16th January 2012, 09:53 PM   #1665
matjans is offline matjans  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to matjans
CES 2012 -- Perfect8 uses hypex modules for bass, doesn;t specify which ones.

"Total Joke: Perfect8's Pricing"
Total Joke: Perfect8's Pricing
Old 16th January 2012, 09:56 PM   #1666
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
once again we disagree. I think we were meant to
comparison to any reference is not useless as long as it tries to be more than the regular "beats the pants off" kind of "review".
In my opinion you like to disagree: of course it makes sense to compare a new developed amplifier with it's predecessor, being UCD in this case. But it is evident that the new developed Ncore comes out of UCD with the objective to improve on it's predecessor; makes sense right?
But that is not the point, the point IMO being how Ncore performs compared to other well regarded (preferably DIY) designs; that is at least what has my (and I guess quite some forum members') interest.
Old 16th January 2012, 10:11 PM   #1667
diyAudio Member

Quote:
In my opinion you like to disagree
huh what a coincidence, that's the exact some impression you've confirmed for a while now you seem to gladly jump in only when there's some disagreement.

Quote:
of course it makes sense to compare a new developed amplifier with it's predecessor, being UCD in this case. But it is evident that the new developed Ncore comes out of UCD with the objective to improve on it's predecessor; makes sense right?
But that is not the point, the point IMO being how Ncore performs compared to other well regarded (preferably DIY) designs; that is at least what has my (and I guess quite some forum members') interest.
you did not get it so I'll explain again.
it makes sense to compare the NC to any known reference, be it UCD or anything else. saying "NC has a wider sound stage compared to amp X" tells a whole different story than "it sounds better than amp X".
anyway, reality tells us that we (me and you) are not going to get what we're expecting (see above posts for an explanation).
Old 16th January 2012, 10:19 PM   #1668
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

My fingers itched too much and I ordered a pair of modules... when they arrive I'll post my comparison against my Aleph Js. If someone here conveniently lives in Stockholm and wants to hear and review for themselves and (and post it here) they are welcome =)
Old 16th January 2012, 10:23 PM   #1669
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
huh what a coincidence, that's the exact some impression you've confirmed for a while now you seem to gladly jump in only when there's some disagreement.
Oh no mr push-pull, I jumped in (#1657) to second #1641, please take a better look
Old 16th January 2012, 10:25 PM   #1670
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllBoll View Post
My fingers itched too much and I ordered a pair of modules... when they arrive I'll post my comparison against my Aleph Js. If someone here conveniently lives in Stockholm and wants to hear and review for themselves and (and post it here) they are welcome =)
make sure not to forget that

Hide this!Advertise here!