Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly reached the decision to go for the ncores last August (I'dactually decided to get some ucd400s, but then heard about the ncores), but decided that it was wise to be patient and wait for others to assess the 1st batch. And then patiently waited for the next batch on the assumption that it would result in a production flow. At which point I realised I needed to place an order so that I'd be part of the next batch. So once again I'm waiting patiently.

Good things come to those who wait

Last edited:
How difficult are these things to build, you all make it sound terribly complicated. Ground this and ground that.
I can't think of many modules that are as DIY-friendly as the Hypex ones. they come with all connectors attached to wires and the datasheet has wiring pictures that anyone (I think a minimum IQ of 80 is required though) can understand. some would even argue that connecting wires is not DIY so there you go :)

OK, thank you. I'll take a look. My downfall is I'm new to all this. I've built some crossovers but that's it, and I'm not an electronics major. So that can make me seem about 80 IQ to you guys :D. The pictures of the completed amp look simple enough, but shunt regulate this and should I ground to earth at the circumference X...

You guys make it sound scary.

I haven't looked at any of the material yet but I'm hoping to just order the parts I need, chassis, solder some parts, and call it good. You guys make it sound like putting together the amp is some kind of delicate surgury.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I'm not worried, shipping over seas shouldn't take more than a few hours :)

My two Ncore shipments (first and second batch) were sent from Hypex in the afternoon and delivered to me the morning after... that's not bad. What puzzles me is that doing an electronic money transfer across countries takes a week... while sending a package takes just a few hours.

If it helps any the drawings on the Hypex site are dead on. :D

I'm pretty confident the chassis designs are too but it's always nice to just lay everything out and check first (including spacing for bending the wires from the boards etc).

I'm just going to have to resist the temptation to connect them up on a piece of wood and start using them before my cases arrive as I've just sold the amps they're replacing :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.