Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2012, 06:51 PM   #1411
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPa View Post
My intention is monoblocks behind the speakers

...with future addition of another amp module per speaker, at which point they will become 2 channels per psu, for biamping and active speakers
no, you aren't. music is supposed to pe stereo. I don't get the HT fascination either. as a good friend of mine once said "a movie could never convey pure emotion like music does"
were you replying to Juhleren rather than me?

otherwise I don't understand you comments
Old 9th January 2012, 06:54 PM   #1412
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
Am I the only two channel guy left here?
No, it's just that I need 4 amps per channel (4-way active speaker). So my 4 amps + 2 PSU's box is sort of a monoblock
Old 9th January 2012, 07:04 PM   #1413
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

For my 2 cents.
If the target price can be reached, I will certainly take a stereo case and I'm not at all interested in monoblocks....
I will build a multi channel amp using cheap and second-hand UcD180s
Cheers,
Nic
Old 9th January 2012, 07:04 PM   #1414
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSch View Post
And you forget one advantage of a mono enclosure: "you can sell nearly the double amount of enclosures..."
Higher cost (2 mono's) = fewer buyers

I sense "lukewarm" interest, and small numbers = ...
Very curious to see if we can make this work.

Cheers,

Richard
Old 9th January 2012, 07:06 PM   #1415
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
no, you aren't. music is supposed to pe stereo. I don't get the HT fascination either. as a good friend of mine once said "a movie could never convey pure emotion like music does"
Why music only in stereo? A good multi channel recording (>2) from an SACD or DVD-Audio (Pink Floyd - Wish you were here, War of The Worlds etc.) adds a lot to the music experience. You really get "engulfed" by the music. Of course the back loudspeakers and centre speaker should be on par with the front speakers...
Old 9th January 2012, 07:17 PM   #1416
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardkrol View Post
Higher cost (2 mono's) = fewer buyers

I sense "lukewarm" interest, and small numbers = ...
Very curious to see if we can make this work.

Cheers,

Richard
A plain and simple enclosure like the Hexateq Premium one, but then tailor made for one NC400 and one SMPS600, I'm willing to pay 200 euro (incl. tax) per piece and I would order 5 at once...
Old 9th January 2012, 07:23 PM   #1417
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaman View Post
Yeah, next thing you know someone will place their amps inside the loudspeakers and send the signal there via long balanced lines.
Oh, wait...! Those crazy people in studios do that already and they call them active loudspeakers.
Then stickŽem om a plate on the back of the speakers and forget about expensive refined mono block enclosures. It would be a sin to stuff such nice aluminum cases inside the speaker
Old 9th January 2012, 07:59 PM   #1418
diyAudio Member

Interesting stuff on that Hexateq page. IŽd say something like that reference 4.0 made for ncore modules would be awesome -especially if it like the ref 4.0 allowed for a good old fashioned power-donut and a small forest of four pole caps. But if made for the SMPS implementation, which most seem to do anyway, something in line with the ref 4.0 should be able to contain a double smps stereo amp, and maybe even with a significant reduction in height compared to the ref 4.0 :O)
Old 9th January 2012, 08:21 PM   #1419
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSch View Post
Why music only in stereo? A good multi channel recording (>2) from an SACD or DVD-Audio (Pink Floyd - Wish you were here, War of The Worlds etc.) adds a lot to the music experience. You really get "engulfed" by the music. Of course the back loudspeakers and centre speaker should be on par with the front speakers...
I hope this won't turn into a "multichannel vs stereo" discussion, but...
for one, I can't see why I would spend money on more speakers, instead of better ones.
second, the best stereo systems I've heard are capable of extremely spatial sound.
third, what do I do if the music I listen to is not released in multichannel (and most of it isn't)?
Old 9th January 2012, 08:26 PM   #1420
diyAudio Member

This is very off-topic, but one way to get more "spatial" sound from stereo is to place the speakers in 90 degrees angle instead of the classic 60 degrees, and sit in the near field, as close as possible.

Hide this!Advertise here!