hypex ncore - Page 132 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 01:53 PM   #1311
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
yeah, next thing you tell us you spend more than 5 bucks on speaker wires...
some people
Well, I think I am about to do that... But hopefully based on rational reasons. That's why I would like to ask Bruno for his views on cables - not the traditional "audiophile cables vs. house wiring cables", but about twisted vs. untwisted.

I understand the nCore is, due to the feedback loop from the output to the input, somewhat sensitive to noise picked up by the speaker cables, and that's why twisting the cable pairs is recommended. So here is my question: given the choice of a) spade connectors with individual 10mm cables, twisted together in pairs, or b) very weakly (or not at all) twisted "traditional" multistrand (8-conductor) cables using 8-pin speakon connectors (seems 4mm van dammes are the heaviest I can find), any views on a) vs. b)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 02:12 PM   #1312
matjans is offline matjans  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
matjans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Utrecht, NL
Send a message via MSN to matjans
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
yeah, next thing you tell us you spend more than 5 bucks on speaker wires...
some people
ok, ok, i'll bite --> Just take a decent quality cable, no snake-oil.

And my speaker cables were actually less than 5E, had them left over some years ago when i was still working for a high end audio shop/installation bureau in NL. Can't remember what brand/make, if somebody can help me out please do. Something like dreamcatcher rings a bell, but can't find anything on that.

2x black 2x red transparent in a transparent tube.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere!

Last edited by matjans; 6th January 2012 at 02:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 02:36 PM   #1313
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At the output stage
Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
yeah, mine were ~30 in dollars. funny thing is I can't remember the brand either, looked cooler than yours though
Bruno's article on cables: Cable Distortion and Dielectric Biasing Debunked — Reviews and News from Audioholics
__________________
we all love a good ol' stereotype until it's against us
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 02:42 PM   #1314
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At the output stage
Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
oh and this one A few overlooked cable metrics
__________________
we all love a good ol' stereotype until it's against us
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 03:42 PM   #1315
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I am new to this forum.
Thanks Bruno for all awesome effort in explaining things here.
As I strongly consider buying NC 400 modules I read almost everything here stated about them.
One thing I must cleared out before buying NC 400s.
I see that you answer to some member that considering SMPS 600 power supply for two NC 400 modules will have its impact to the output power of the modules and that this power supply is okay up to the 2x300W,which I understand that if I buy two NC 400 modules and connect them on one SMPS 600 power supply in that case I will have reduction of the output power of NC 400 to 2x300w on 4 ohms maximum.
Am I right.?
So in that case I must consider one SMPS600 power supply for every NC 400 module to get the full potentional and to spend 180 EUR more?
I think that it was stated by you in previous post but I want to be 100% sure
Best regards.

Last edited by JUVENTUS; 6th January 2012 at 03:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 04:31 PM   #1316
HFGuy is offline HFGuy  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
I wouldn't want to be in your room when you are driving BOTH channels with 300w
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 06:28 PM   #1317
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Genk, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
@richard the "two tier" version could be made with two separate boxes that bolt on top of eachother
I'm trying to get people off binding posts and onto speakons. Any chance of that being included?
I was already thinking about bolting two cylindrical sections to eachother for an oem project. I figured the styling might be too extreme to appeal to the masses. I'll have think and draw a few options.

I'll see how to include multiple neutrik cutouts to gain some flexibility.

Rgds,

Richard
__________________
Hexateq
http://www.hexateq.com

Last edited by richardkrol; 6th January 2012 at 06:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 06:48 PM   #1318
HFGuy is offline HFGuy  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardkrol View Post
I was already thinking about bolting two cylindrical sections to eachother for an oem project. I figured the styling might be too extreme to appeal to the masses. I'll have think and draw a few options.

I'll see how to include multiple neutrik cutouts to gain some flexibility.

Rgds,

Richard
How about a large cut out in the back, and have different configuration of bolt on plates for it ? That way the chassis remains universal but those of us that are fine with IEC,Speakon,XLR can have that and those that want binding posts can have that too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 06:56 PM   #1319
Omholt is online now Omholt  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Wouldn't it be better to start a new thread on chassises?

Personally I don't like the look of mono cases. Sexy looking is having several modules placed in a slim chassis IMO.

Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 06:56 PM   #1320
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUVENTUS View Post
I am new to this forum.
Thanks Bruno for all awesome effort in explaining things here.
As I strongly consider buying NC 400 modules I read almost everything here stated about them.
One thing I must cleared out before buying NC 400s.
I see that you answer to some member that considering SMPS 600 power supply for two NC 400 modules will have its impact to the output power of the modules and that this power supply is okay up to the 2x300W,which I understand that if I buy two NC 400 modules and connect them on one SMPS 600 power supply in that case I will have reduction of the output power of NC 400 to 2x300w on 4 ohms maximum.
Am I right.?
So in that case I must consider one SMPS600 power supply for every NC 400 module to get the full potentional and to spend 180 EUR more?
I think that it was stated by you in previous post but I want to be 100% sure
Best regards.
I always would use seperate power supply for each channel! (and not for the extra power...)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypex problem, who can help Hansms Class D 9 18th August 2013 06:49 AM
Hypex steveww Class D 14 18th November 2010 01:44 PM
Question for those who have tried hypex smps with hypex modules avian Class D 12 3rd March 2009 09:30 AM
Hypex UcD 180AD + signal wires, Power Supply ST, Hypex Transformer TR100A c10h12n2 Swap Meet 7 7th July 2007 03:55 PM
FS: Hypex UcD 400/180AD, hypex toroid Archmage Swap Meet 4 14th November 2006 04:23 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:42 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2