hypex ncore - Page 124 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2012, 10:37 PM   #1231
bavmike is offline bavmike  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoeiii View Post
+1
I didn't realize the economy was so bad here in Canada. The recession appears to be over in my region.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:46 PM   #1232
HFGuy is offline HFGuy  Canada
diyAudio Member

What ballpark figure are we talking about Richard ? I plan to do a 7.2 channel Ncore setup (or a 20channel version if i decide to go with active filtering). I don't mind spending $100-150 per chassis (which I am not sure many DIYers are willing to do based on what I see in the gallery thread). If you can match or come close to your amp's chassis for under $150 sign me up for 7

I don't really care for the idea of solid block milled down. I rather like your amp's chassis and sleeve design. It hides most of the mounting hardware but it still easy to access.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:56 PM   #1233
diyAudio Member

I can imagine that when doing 7-20 channels the cost of the chassis weighs in...on the other hand, I would like to offer something which is usually out of reach for the diy community and matches the exceptional ncore modules.
Initial thoughts would suggest that 150 would be the bare minimum, 200 seems more likely. Again, volume is key to recoup the tooling and cad/cam costs.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:59 PM   #1234
diyAudio Member

Nice to have Richard (Hexateq) on board.
I'm sure many of the Ncore buyers would be interested in a sexy looking purpose-built enclosure.

Personally I'd prefer a curvy cube design, the best of which is IMHO the now-discontinued Hexacube line:

Click the image to open in full size.

...but with equal depth and width dimensions.

I also like this HFX storage case:

..but I doubt they'd be willing to do a custom job for us.

I've also contacted VT4C concerning a customization of one of their cases. I will post more info when they get back to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hexfront.jpg (94.7 KB, 1326 views)
File Type: jpg ucd_07.jpg (34.9 KB, 1248 views)
File Type: jpg 582_storage_5_l.jpg (63.1 KB, 725 views)
Old 4th January 2012, 11:07 PM   #1235
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your comments. like Bruno suggested, good to see some input on the design. Curious to see if it's possible to get enough people on board to get this working. Reminds me of kickstarter, see Kickstarter which is a wonderful site which is about getting new products off the ground provided there's enough interest.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:39 AM   #1236
diyAudio Member

Count me in. I will hold off on ordering from THL Audio if I have the opportunity for a Hexateq enclosure.

Having said that, my interest is in an enclosure design for monoblock NCores. I could be wrong, but I would think a group buy or an economy of scale opportunity would be more likely for an appropriately designed monoblock enclosure vs. multiple NCores in the same chassis.

Richard, only speaking for myself, I am willing to pay a few hundred dollars for each enclosure assuming the design and quality is commensurate with the price. I love my UCD400s, but they are in a rather plain industrial looking enclosure. If a nice encllosure was available, if the NCores live up to their reputation, I would like to build them in an enclosure suitable to their acclaim.
Old 5th January 2012, 02:20 AM   #1237
HiroPro is offline HiroPro  Canada
diyAudio Member

richardkrol you guys manufacture the Meridian cases right?

What kinda money are we talking about here and do you guys have an NCore amp in the works?

You guys do extrusions as well as milled billets right? Must be talking at least $500 bucks for a billeted enclosure.

Last edited by HiroPro; 5th January 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 5th January 2012, 02:52 AM   #1238
HFGuy is offline HFGuy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardkrol View Post
I can imagine that when doing 7-20 channels the cost of the chassis weighs in...on the other hand, I would like to offer something which is usually out of reach for the diy community and matches the exceptional ncore modules.
Initial thoughts would suggest that 150 would be the bare minimum, 200 seems more likely. Again, volume is key to recoup the tooling and cad/cam costs.
Those prices are fine for a stereo ncore amp, but for a monoblock that might be a bit much for my HT But i will wait and see, I aint ruling anything out yet. I scratch built my last amp with a drill press and hand tools.... NEVER AGAIN

It turns out great but totally not worth my time. This might make be a bit of a gear slut but I really think a nice chassis is an important part of DIY. I hate seeing so many guys put a ton of effort into their DIY efforts only to put the thing in a hammond case.
Old 5th January 2012, 03:08 AM   #1239
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardkrol View Post
150,- for a Hexateq quality enclosure would be very nice. So for a surround setup his would 5 times 150 = 750,- Today I'm going to listen to Piega speakers and an Hexateq enclosure would match nicely.
Old 5th January 2012, 03:37 AM   #1240
cOz is offline cOz  United States
diyAudio Member

Check the gallery to see what I have in mind.

It is 8" x 6" x 3.2". I'm not sure about price but will find out soon. Check out this gallery to see the parts list. Ncore Mono - My Photo Gallery

PS I goofed the measurements in earlier threads

Last edited by cOz; 5th January 2012 at 03:49 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!