IRS2092 (IRAUDAMP7S) + IRFI4019 - Page 23 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2013, 08:38 PM   #221
pet007 is offline pet007  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Hi, right now I'm testing L15D amp, I have to say, it sounds very good at low volume levels, I am satisfied
Anyway the output inductor is quite hot, is it normal ? My idle current consumption are -50mA and +30mA (+/-55V). I have L15D kit (and all components) from eBay zoe_tsang shop. Inductor is square type OFC? 14A / 0.012Ohm. Thanks.
Old 26th January 2013, 03:49 AM   #222
ljm_ljm is offline ljm_ljm  China
diyAudio Member

Inductor is will have some fever. Especially in under the condition of no sound output.

PWM 400 k close to power supply voltage (+ - 50 V) signal continued through the inductor, reduce to 0.5 V.

But we can ignore it.
Old 26th January 2013, 10:58 PM   #223
daol is offline daol  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to daol
Hello, I bought to Along1986 the kit L15D ver3 last year (two boards) and I have the same problem with the two boards: the positive supply voltage rises gradually from +52 to +72 volts vots and negative supply down from - 52 volts to -38 volts, thereby raising the temperature of the resistance of 3K3 which feeds the zener 5V6 on positive supply.
I built the two boards and I guess I made a mistake when placing components, LJM, can you send me the schematic and component mask? can it happen by self oscillation?

Test condition:
Power supply: +/-52 volts, linear
Input: no signal, open.
Output: 10 ohms load and without load.
Blue Led: ON
Signal at output: ~400Khz, 400 mV p-p

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

Daniel.

Last edited by daol; 26th January 2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 26th January 2013, 11:05 PM   #224
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daol View Post
Hello, I bought the kit to Along1986 L15D ver3 last year (two boards) and I have the same problem with the two boards: the positive supply voltage rises gradually from +52 to +72 volts vots and negative supply down from - 52 volts to -38 volts, thereby raising the temperature of the resistance of 3K3 which feeds the zener 5V6 on positive supply.

Daniel.
This sounds like bus pumping. It is most prone when applying a sine wave especially low frequency.
When inputting normal music it should be fine.
Old 26th January 2013, 11:28 PM   #225
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daol View Post
the positive supply voltage rises gradually from +52 to +72 volts vots and negative supply down from - 52 volts to -38 volts,

Daniel.
Looks like a PSU problem to me , no signal no buspumping .
check your transformer centertap to ground connection .

Cheers ,
Rens
Old 27th January 2013, 03:37 AM   #226
daol is offline daol  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to daol
Doctordata,

Thanks you, it was a bad transformer centertap to ground connection.

Regards,

Daniel.
Old 24th February 2013, 11:47 AM   #227
diyAudio Member

Default L15D-Pro best voltage

Hello,

I have a question to L15D-Pro modules. I read that the L15D modules works best with higher voltage (as near to 60V as possble). But for the L15D-Pro their is a recomendation to use max 50V. Is this because of the protection unit? And is it possible to drive the protectet module with 60V either? Or are there other reasons why the L15D-Pro can only work with max. 50Volts?

Regards Axel
Old 14th May 2013, 03:51 AM   #228
DcibeL is offline DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi ljm,
I have purchased and assembled 5-channel surround amplifier using your L15D-Pro modules. They were easy to assemble and all work just great! However, I guess I did not buy from the right eBay seller? I used Happyshop1982. My boards look just as advertised, except for output filter cap is a Carli instead of Tenta, and power supply buffer caps are Nichicon PW series. I checked all parts out thoroughly, all checked ok.

I am driving with 54V rails. Sound is excellent, the amp I swapped out for comparison was an old Harman Kardon HK6900, rated 170W/ch. The L15D sound is more revealing I find, however a bit more tizzy on the very high end where the HK had a very smooth high end. On the other hand, the HK is making at least 100W of heat before any sound reaches your ear, the L15D is a fraction of that, and modules did not appear any warmer then at idle after playing loudly.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the great amplifier modules, they are great.
Old 14th May 2013, 04:51 AM   #229
ljm_ljm is offline ljm_ljm  China
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostenax View Post
Hello,

I have a question to L15D-Pro modules. I read that the L15D modules works best with higher voltage (as near to 60V as possble). But for the L15D-Pro their is a recomendation to use max 50V. Is this because of the protection unit? And is it possible to drive the protectet module with 60V either? Or are there other reasons why the L15D-Pro can only work with max. 50Volts?

Regards Axel
This is because the protection module. Relay for rated coil voltage 48 v. Not more than 55 v + - recommended voltage.

60 v can be used, should be in the relay power supply in series a resistor? The resistance of the relay is about 6.3 K
Then the series of resistance around 1.2K 0.25/W
Old 7th July 2013, 10:32 PM   #230
thommy is offline thommy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to thommy Send a message via MSN to thommy Send a message via Yahoo to thommy
I came to this forum through an interest in Class D. My first project is going to be a dual mono integrated usb dac/amp for my office. Quality isn't critical here so I want it to be as cheap as possible just in case i make any mistakes.

I already have a $35 6J1 valve preamp and a suitable dac board but need a little help with decisions regarding power amplification.

I will choose 2 of either CxD300 or L15D-Pro as both of these boards have onboard protection circuits and seem otherwise similar. However I am unable to decide how these should be powered. I like the simplicity and low power consumption of SMPS but don't understand the various options available.

Also would I need anything other than various chassis connectors, wiring, the two amp boards and a suitable SMPS module? I have seen talk of soft power buttons and photos of capacitor banks which has just added to the confusion.

Hide this!Advertise here!