IRS2092 (IRAUDAMP7S) + IRFI4019 - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th July 2012, 09:04 AM   #201
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doors666 View Post
If I use this, i dont need soft start?
sofstart is needed if you have big capacitors with your linear power supply, to limit the inrush current at power on. Regardless of speaker protection.

It's difficult to set a limit : imho, with a total of less than 30.000uF filtering capacitors, you don't need softstart. Above, you may consider.
With (serious) SMPS you don't need an additional softstart, as they have one built in.
Old 9th July 2012, 09:18 AM   #202
exflaco is offline exflaco  Armenia
diyAudio Member

look at the post #198 its the answer..
Old 9th July 2012, 09:45 AM   #203
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exflaco View Post
look at the post #198 its the answer..
well, speaker protection and softstart are two separate things.

imho, you always want a speaker protection, and you may need a softstart depending on inrush current.
Old 9th July 2012, 09:53 PM   #204
exflaco is offline exflaco  Armenia
diyAudio Member

doors666 speak about ljm 15d 150w 8 ohms no need softstart
Old 10th July 2012, 09:53 PM   #205
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkasar View Post
kits are the same. I bought from both : packaging in favour of along, but for a kit you don't really care. For fully built boards, you would.
And then which would you choose?
Old 10th July 2012, 10:27 PM   #206
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
And then which would you choose?
for a kit : the cheapest
for any finished board : along
Old 17th August 2012, 03:56 PM   #207
diyAudio Member

I need help from this amplifier with us.i make IRFI4019 everything right, checked and using a pcb layout recommended by the manufacturer, but it just does not give any soun, is completely silent and does not burn IRFI4019 and neitherIRS2092.all voltages are correct, given all the diodes various vezes.i make this on protoboard too,but the problem persist.on oscilloscope only pin 4 of the waveform IRS2092 has no other pin features a waveform, it seems he does not pwm. I'm using v +45-45 +32-32 but I tested it with and also tried to use this and nothing.i make also integrated with discrete transistors in the output instead of the IRS2092 IRFI4029 but woe is short the pins that go to the gate of IRF.I tested several of the ci's and always the same problem.somebody already had the same problem or can tell me what's going on? already required from

preciso da ajuda de alguém.montei esse amplificador com IRFI4019 tudo certinho,conferido e usando um layout de pcb recomendado pelo fabricante,mas ele simplesmente não dá audio nenhum,fica totalmente mudo e nao queima o IRFI4019 e nem o IRS2092.todas as tensões estão corretas,os diodos tudo conferido varias vezes.montei ele tambem na protoboard e aconteceu a mesma coisa.nos testes com osciloscópio só o pino 4 do IRS2092 tem forma de onda,nenhum outro pino apresenta forma de onda alguma,parece que ele não oscila.estou usando +45-45v mas já testei com +32-32 também e nada.ja tentei usar esse integrado também com transistores discretos na saída no lugar do IRFI4029 mas ai o IRS2092 entra em curto os pinos que vao ao gate dos IRF.ja testei varios cis e sempre da o mesmo problema.alguem ja teve o mesmo problema ou sabe me dizer o que esta acontecendo?desde ja obrigado
Old 3rd September 2012, 08:13 PM   #208
diyAudio Member

Default 3 L15D-pro on one smps how to do it

Gentlemen,

I have bought 6 units of the L15D-Pro to build a pair of 3 channel amps.

The idea is to feed each amp with 1 SMPS (+/-46V 500 Watt).

Do I need to use a phase inverter in between the smps and the units to avoid bus pumping?

If so, where can I buy the PCB, or is there a small kit available?

Thank you in advance

Peter
Old 4th September 2012, 03:57 AM   #209
diyAudio Member

I have a couple of questions about my application - I'd like to use two L15Dx2 amp boards (each one like IRAUDAMP7S) for four amplifier channels. I would power this using a linear power supply using a 1kVA 40-0-40 transformer with about 80,000uF total capacitance per rail. The ps needs a soft start, but I see a post earlier in this thread that indicates that class-D designs like the IRAUDAMP7S may be unstable when a soft start is used.

If I use a soft start, should I use a timer to turn on (or connect) the amp board after the PS has stabilized? I can pretty easily create something like this myself.

Is a speaker muting really needed when using this kind of amp? I thought that the IRS2092 has built in click&pop control... is that not muting the output on startup?

Please make some suggestions. Thanks,

-Charlie
Old 4th September 2012, 11:05 AM   #210
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLaub View Post
Is a speaker muting really needed when using this kind of amp? I thought that the IRS2092 has built in click&pop control... is that not muting the output on startup?

Please make some suggestions. Thanks,

-Charlie
I found that with 20,000uf plus per rail I was getting very loud turn off pops/thumps/siren noise through the speaker. Its to do with the power supply decaying slowly upsetting the 2092.
If you can live with the pops then thats fine.
I talked to IR about it and they suggested a circuit that detects low voltage on VCC and holds the reset pin low on power down.

Hide this!Advertise here!