IRS2092 (IRAUDAMP7S) + IRFI4019 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2011, 07:36 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
Thank you for your kindness,
I have been playing with most of the existing LLC IC's, both integrated (FSFR1700-2100) and controllers, and for the power supplies which i made for audio i have used exclusively L6599 till now due to design flexibility. with other ic's, I have made some power supplies in range of hundreds of watts to several KW levels, for target applications, not audio (3.6KW battery charger for EV) using UCC25600 and NCP1395. both this ic's allows HB or FB configuration, and DT can be adjusted conveniently.
With FSFR2100 i will have a SMPS for audio in short time from now, which will have something special than the available ones.
Thanks for your nice explanation. I am dealing with fuel cells as a chemist and at the end of the production process i need to create my own power compansating unit. Hence in near future i am planing to use FSFR2100 for low power compansation unit (for a laboratory show) after a boost converter. It seems we are both really interested with green energy(wind mill, solar cell,fuel cell etc. are alternative electricity sources for future EVs) but i am mostly in the scientific part of the work . Anyway, thanks again.
Best wishes,
Ferda
Old 11th January 2011, 05:17 AM   #12
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
I bet your final test will be, driving home in EV with your design that you do, and will do
Oh and happy new year to you too!
Old 11th January 2011, 08:38 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I bet your final test will be, driving home in EV with your design that you do, and will do
Oh and happy new year to you too!
First of all sorry for the off topic!

Hi Luka,

Happy new year and it is nice to see you again! You are right! That is the plan but, need time! Unfortunately, providing developments in basic science not very quick and easy ( If you have access try this; Azole substituted polyphosphazenes as nonhumidified proton conducting membranes - Journal of Materials Chemistry (RSC Publishing)). However once you did it takes its place in daily use very quickly! Therefore, I do not mind designing a robust inverter/converter for that purpose! Because one of the experts here can do it or it is possible to order a custom designed one from a commercial source. However, for basic tests and show in a laboratory (for an electronic DIYer chemist) it is better to build your own device (Is it?).

Best wishes,
Ferda
Old 11th January 2011, 08:45 AM   #14
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
Oh yes, build and debug, the only way to really learn is to experiment, but you already know this
Old 11th January 2011, 09:37 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default omfg

Hi guys,

I need your help. I am trying to build a class-D amp with a IRS2092. I fully rebuild this design: http://www.irf.com/product-info/data...ta/irs2092.pdf

I used +-30V for +-B (labratory supply) and +12V with another labratory supply and the - of that supply connected to -B so VCC will be -23V referenced to ground (like in the pdf). With only the VCC turned on, the chip will need 200mA and gets really REALLY hot and that can't be a good thing .

When turning on the +B and -B without a load (speaker), the chip will first blow itsself up and then the outputcapacitor in the LPF (50uH and 1uF). When i try to measure the signals going to the gate of the fet, i don't see a PWM signal. The supply itsself will reach its current limit (3A) and this is WITHOUT laod, this even happens without the fets (although they are necessairy to recieve a feedback)

Anyone knows what i am doing wrong?
Old 11th January 2011, 10:10 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

update:
I read something about the IRS2092 being a bitch with decoupling so i added some big capacitors. The all are 680uF.
Locations:
+B to ground
-B to ground
+B to -B
VCC to -B

The VSS will still reviece about 300mA and sometimes even the currentlimit (1.5A). And this is without turning on the -B, +B and load. With laod i mean, ofcourse, the speaker. I still have no outputsignal at the fet gates, nor on Vs.

Im out of ideas
Old 11th January 2011, 08:23 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudemaniak View Post
update:
The VSS will still reviece about 300mA and sometimes even the currentlimit (1.5A). And this is without turning on the -B, +B and load. With laod i mean, ofcourse, the speaker. I still have no outputsignal at the fet gates, nor on Vs.

Im out of ideas
Which MOSFETs are you using ?
It definitely works with irfb4019's.
I have 4 on my setup.

Does the csd pin go up and down ? this would indicate something is wrong with the power supply or the mosfets.
Old 11th January 2011, 08:46 PM   #18
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

if I may ask a daft question

why are TO-220 IRF"B" outputs for classD all with high transconductance
or is it because they are not used for outputs
Old 11th January 2011, 08:53 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

I use the to220 irfb4019's as they have a relatively low gate capacitance but can still take 17 amps.

Complications arise with high capacitance gates.
IR recommend low capacitance gate mosfets for the IRS2092.
Old 11th January 2011, 09:30 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudemaniak View Post
update:
I read something about the IRS2092 being a bitch with decoupling so i added some big capacitors. The all are 680uF.
Locations:
+B to ground
-B to ground
+B to -B
VCC to -B

Im out of ideas
Right, Are you sure you soldered the IC in correct way? Check the electrolytic caps polarities and be sure there is not short circuit. I also recommend to clean the board from solder paste with isoporpyl alcohol or thinner. After all these, first turn on the aux power to see whether you are getting the reference voltage from the IC and check its temperature as well (without output mosfets).
Best wishes,

Hide this!Advertise here!