Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control - Page 30 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2013, 12:11 AM   #291
Blues is offline Blues  United States
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Just pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Core 9 and V4x2-xW2 0011.jpg (30.3 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg Core 9 and V4x2-xW2 0031.jpg (29.7 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Core 9 and V4x2-xW2 0061.jpg (28.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Core 9 and V4x2-xW2 0071.jpg (18.6 KB, 135 views)
Old 6th March 2013, 02:16 AM   #292
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Slowhand spinning...

I've been listening to this lately... The Cream of Clapton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This cd got buried under the pile because it did not sound good when played at high SPLs in my old system. Got reborn with the Warpspeed both on loudspeakers and headphones. The layering of musical instruments/voices is just lovely even on the older songs. I didn't imagine the songs were these well recorded/produced. The live "Crossroads" track with Cream is just electric!

Even blamed cd redbook before...not anymore.

Last edited by Blues; 6th March 2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10th March 2013, 10:56 PM   #293
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Warpspeed and Terrawood

Chris at Terrawood HOME - Terrawood Design Co. has agreed to supply front/rear panels. We are currently fine tuning the design and Chris the tooling. I'm really excited as you can see Chris' work at his website. The wood and finish will be stunning. Also, more options on wood species soon.

His stash of lumber come from sustainable wood, puts to use otherwise scrapped, fallen trees and stumps, and reclaims or rescues useable wood destined for chipping, firewood, or landfills.

When you are in the area south of Chicago or in Michigan City, IN, give him a ring and his gallery might be open for viewing his and local artists' work on display. He did a great job playing a part in the revival of the downtown... http://www.walnutinkgallery.com/index2.php#/home/

More soon...

Old 11th March 2013, 02:03 AM   #294
diyAudio Member

I'm Looking forward to working on these. I have many a piece of fancy wood in my cache for those who might want to get trick with one of these Warpspeed units
Old 12th March 2013, 12:26 AM   #295
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Chris also has a stash of exotic hardwoods for small projects...
Old 22nd March 2013, 05:54 PM   #296
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default WarpCore 9 panel meter

Some have wondered if the panel meter is from Radioshack Not quite...it's from Crompton Farnell Export

I also customize it to be internally green or blue LED lit to match the W'speed unit's power On LED.

Old 30th March 2013, 04:28 PM   #297
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Warranty update

It is my pleasure to announce that all new Warpspeeds going forward will carry a limited warranty for five (5) years from date of purchase. All internal electronic parts and labor are covered. This warranty is transferable, with the new owner informing me about the transaction with the original owner by contacting me by email or thru this thread. This way I can provide an updated warranty certificate with the new owner's name.

In light of the above, warranty for all the fully-built Warpspeeds now in the field gets extended for a total of three (3) years from date of purchase -also transferable. The purchase date is on the warranty certificate emailed to all owners. Again all warranty claims are limited to internal electronic parts and labor only.

Misuse, boxes with missing or tampered seals, circuitry modifications and add-ons will void the warranty.

Insured shipping to and from me will be the owner's responsibility for all warranty work.

Happy Easter everyone!
Old 30th March 2013, 10:35 PM   #298
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Forgot to mention it doesn't come with a price increase...
Old 1st April 2013, 03:34 AM   #299
diyAudio Member

I have an interesting problem that maybe the Warpspeed can solve? I've used a couple LN LDR units, 1 full pre and one volume control only and unfortunately the LN units hum with my new amp. Some sort of grounding problem. The amp manufacturer says they always have trouble with passives. Is there a solution to this with the Warpspeed?
Old 1st April 2013, 03:46 AM   #300
diyAudio Member

What amp manufacturer? And what do you mean by a couple of LN LDR units (Lighter Note?), 1 full pre and one volume control only - are they all in series, someof them or just one?

Not at all clear. Perhaps a photo or diagram?

Hide this!Advertise here!