Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2012, 07:22 PM   #261
Blues is offline Blues  United States
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default One more for the W'speed a la carte before 2012 ends...

The iER^2.2 is a 2-IN/2-HP OUT Warpspeed -IN1 and IN2 are switchable between their own HP OUT; For the hobbyist with at least 2 headphones and 2 sources; An easy A-B'ing of headphones/sources with a flick of the switch; No switching transient pops and clicks even on very high sensitivity 'phones

Btw, without music and volume control at maximum all WarpspeediER designs exhibit the advantage of no listening detectable noise or hiss on my 98dB/1mW Grado.

Wishing and hoping for the very best for everyone this coming 2013!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WarpspeediER^2.2 CE.jpg (44.6 KB, 224 views)
Old 6th January 2013, 08:43 AM   #262
diyAudio Member

Default when it's good ...it's good

yesterday warpspeed test with 9V cell battery, 9V SMPS , and 9V linear reguated power supply ( 100000uf RCRC and belleson 9V regulator from a DIy preamp)..

and the result is .... the Warpspeed!
same sound for all at very low volume, no noise at all at full level.
same musicality , body and detailed sounding.
so perhaps i have a "special" good SMPS but no needs for me for overkill power supply with my warp .. i will use it elsewhere
Old 6th January 2013, 11:17 PM   #263
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Great to know, thanks Rohan! Please let me toast to the W'squid...!

Ever since Srajan commented on the battery supply as somewhat left hanging and said it was a loose end, I have felt compelled to improve on it.

I have actually started the process of developing a complete package of battery supply and for those who don't want to fuss with batteries, a linear psu.

I'm still not convinced with SMPS and although I got good results with a couple of laptop supplies, it might still be location/system dependent. The possibility of high freq noise/hash creeping in is still there.

More soon...

ps. GO 'Hawks!
Old 7th January 2013, 05:49 AM   #264
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ever since Srajan commented on the battery supply as somewhat left hanging and said it was a loose end, I have felt compelled to improve on it.
Srajan could wrote tons of pages on the sound of outlet plugs....

i forgot to say that my amps is not on the same power line than my system.
so no pollution here , and the slow-rise and the electrical isolation of the silonex in his resistor side could explain it could be immune to the HF pollution

anyway a dedicated linear supply couldn't hurt

Last edited by juanitox; 7th January 2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 7th January 2013, 11:51 PM   #265
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Keep on rocking, mon ami!
Old 8th January 2013, 07:49 AM   #266
diyAudio Member

im using a battery shunt regulator on the warpspeed.

the differences is night and day. I'm not good at using words to describe the sound differences, but ... it sounds a lot more dynamic, faster, fuller, and a lot more texture, micro details (such as the very subtle echoes in the concert halls in Live in paris by Dianna krall)

I have not experimented with different type of batteries yet, but the LiFePo4 that i am using are doing pretty well. I know batteries have some chemical noises but, the noise floor, from my understanding, is significantly lower than any type of wall-plugged filters, power regenerators or isolators.

just fyi, im using it with ncore.
Old 8th January 2013, 07:57 AM   #267
diyAudio Member

Please, what type of LiPo's, what do you use to charge them and how often? Quite interested.
Old 8th January 2013, 08:03 AM   #268
diyAudio Member

I got them randomly from a local remote control toy shop. (seems RC planes use them a lot these days)

they have some advance battery chargers for it (with current control, battery memories, cell counts etc), and they can last for at least 24hours on the warpspeed, non stop play back.
Old 8th January 2013, 08:31 AM   #269
diyAudio Member

Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 05:37 PM   #270
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

I always encourage DIYers to share their findings especially with different battery types and supplies as I can't possibly try or think out every possible iteration and combination out there. 6V thru 18V DC is what the W'squid will be happy with...maybe 24V is pushing it in terms of temperature.

I know juanitox, turbogti, diySpaceW, and jameshillj among others have been trying out stuff as they email me from time to time...

In related news...still an enigma of the deep. Captured deep beneath the waves: 10-foot squid filmed in natural habitat - World News

Hide this!Advertise here!