Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control - Page 26 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2012, 04:12 AM   #251
Blues is offline Blues  United States
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

One more thing with BNCs on RG6 coaxes is the way it is terminated. The RG6 center conductor slips into the BNC center pin and termination is then completed with a compression tool. All connections are therefore just surface-to-surface only.

Where it can be done practically on hi-fi audio applications, I'll take solid solder connections anytime over surface-to-surface, wire-wrapped/twisted, or even crimped connections.
Old 11th December 2012, 04:36 AM   #252
freax is offline freax  Australia
diyAudio Member

Yeah but the RCA center pin is stuck out there ready and waiting to be broken off at a moments notice.

If you step on it on a hard surface, does it not bend? If a piece of equipment falls off the table, does it not snap off? Leaving the center pin in the socket... at least with BNC it takes the rest of your equipment along with it, sometimes thats a good thing, if for example its connected to a couple of large monoblocks.

And what about that horrible contact pressure on the shield, amirite? What happens to the shield of a RCA connector once its bent? you ever tried bending one of those back with a pair of pliers? haha..

I have no idea what sonic performance difference there will be, I hope it will be a good one. I'm still waiting on my BNC sockets to arrive from china :P

One thing that I do love about RG6 quad copper core is its 18 AWG center conductor, with RCA cables you get a mystery bag and not as many shields....

See this thread for more info: Are there many people using BNC out there? or RG6 Quad Shield?

Last edited by freax; 11th December 2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11th December 2012, 05:34 AM   #253
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
If you step on it on a hard surface, does it not bend? If a piece of equipment falls off the table, does it not snap off? Leaving the center pin in the socket... at least with BNC it takes the rest of your equipment along with it, sometimes thats a good thing, if for example its connected to a couple of large monoblocks...
I'll never make interconnect runs across foot traffic areas. Tripping accident waiting to happen, and with BNC connectors your equipment will be dragged and fall off the rack before the connectors break. More broken pieces than just a broken center pin with RCAs

I'm quite familiar with RG6 as hundreds of miles were ran here at the world's largest building by volume/floor space, the Boeing Factory in Everett, WA List of largest buildings in the world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. In 2008-09 I was the project engineer from design to commissioning and on-air testing/acceptance to provide DAS (Distributed Antenna System) 3G wireless service. The cellsites around the area simply cannot penetrate into the factory's massive volume.
Old 11th December 2012, 07:03 AM   #254
freax is offline freax  Australia
diyAudio Member

I've been using it since 1998 for use on satellite dishes and discone antenna cable runs.

Nothing as major as a full on contract like that!
Old 24th December 2012, 01:26 AM   #255
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Some headphones related discussion here... Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG Q701 QJ
Old 24th December 2012, 09:02 PM   #256
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Here's a couple more to add to the menu

The iER^2.1 is a 1-IN/2-HP OUT Warpspeed -the 1-IN is switchable between the 2-HP OUTs; For the hobbyist with at least 2 headphones; An easy A-B'ing of 2 headphones with a flick of the switch; No switching transient pops and clicks even on very high sensitivity 'phones

The iER^2.1-xW2 is a 1-IN/2-HP OUT Warpspeed -the 1-IN is shared between the 2-HP OUTs simultaneously; For the hobbyist who wants to share great music/movie sound without disturbing the neighbors; Fine level control is available for each HP Out to serve both listeners' comfort level

Have a peaceful and joyous Christmas with your family and loved ones everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WarpspeediER^2.1 CE.jpg (42.5 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg WarpspeediER^2.1 CE -xW2.jpg (44.1 KB, 168 views)
Old 28th December 2012, 05:32 PM   #257
diyAudio Member

Default power supply

since few days my 9v battery pack died , so i just plug a 9V multi voltage SMPS on it and hear no degradation in sound at all

so no more battery for me , this thing is incredible good like this
Old 28th December 2012, 07:30 PM   #258
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

As long as you're happy, I'm happy...please use what is convenient for you. I trust you (or anyone who owns one) to decide if it's good or not to the sound

Old 28th December 2012, 09:02 PM   #259
diyAudio Member

i have some linear supply with belleson regulator , i will try later but i 'm sure that the secret of your toy is elsewhere
Old 28th December 2012, 11:10 PM   #260
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Please do let us know how it goes...

Hide this!Advertise here!