Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control - Page 19 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2012, 10:34 PM   #181
Blues is offline Blues  United States
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default WarpSquid Ink Everywhere!

Physicists find dark matter: It's everywhere - Technology & science - Space - Space.com - msnbc.com

Old 19th February 2012, 10:25 PM   #182
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default xWarp2

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Warpspeed CE V4x2-xW2.pdf (15.4 KB, 209 views)
Old 17th March 2012, 04:45 PM   #183
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default In Quantum Space

I have 2 conceptual and preliminary designs for a multichannel unit. The following features are what I have in mind:

-both designs are switchable from 2-ch to +2, or +4, for a 6-ch total in Unbalanced(RCAs) only mode; and Balanced(mini-XLRs) only will also be from 2-ch to +2, or +4, for a 6-ch total

-the 1st design is the HT unit and will have Front L-R, Center, Surround L-R, and Sub; the Front L-R will have a balance control; the Center and Surround channels will have 8dB level controls; and a main volume control for a >110dB of attenuation; Center, Surround, and Sub channels can be switched off to listen in stereo

-the 2nd design is the 6-ch unit that will have 6 identical line level inputs/outs with individual 8dB level controls and a main volume control that attenuates up to >110dB; depending on preference, channels can be switch added as described above

-the 8dB level controls are continuous fine adjustments from the transWarp design, used to tune each channel in relation to each other

-all channels are full-bandwidth without any filtering

-both designs are battery powered

-both have optional remote control for the Main VC

I believe these features fit most stereo and HT applications for most audiophiles. I have no pricing and timelines yet.

Please let me know if you have something else, application-wise in mind...Thanks!
Old 21st March 2012, 12:36 PM   #184
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer DCX2496 option?

Hi Alan,

The 6 channel balanced PCB could be included in a Behringer DCX2496 x-over if you choose the right size.

That might be a very interesting option for many DCX users. (me being one of those)

Regards
Peter
Old 21st March 2012, 07:54 PM   #185
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

I'm sorry Peter, I'm not headed that way yet. Never say never so we'll see in the future...
Old 29th March 2012, 05:53 AM   #186
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default The Kraken Rises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
I'm sorry Peter, I'm not headed that way yet...
Peter, what I mean above is not to design into an existing product but a standalone design that it can partner with.

Having said that...

The 2 circuits I described above have been bench tested and both work like the good old 'Squid charm. Although using the 'Squid circuit topology, it wasn't as straightforward as I had thought but all the component values have now been finalized. The same topology guarantees performance as good as the 2-ch version. The optocouplers will still be in a classic bridge circuit but now controlled by the crimson Kraken!

Now on to the layout...

Now is their a need for a multi-channel analog volume control as described...? Maybe it's time to hear some suggestions from the DEQX, DCX, Active Crossover(including Passive) crowd here...what do you think of a box with 6-ch each attenuator controlled (8dB fine tuning) and a main volume control to simultaneously attenuate all 6 channels? Or am I too late to the party and all are already happy with their digital attenuators?

I'm putting together some drawings on possible applications for an easier exchange of ideas...
Old 29th March 2012, 06:02 AM   #187
diyAudio Member

Default Kraken in a Behringer case?

It would make a lot of sense for me if the kraken would live within the Behringer housing.

Where to put the pot / RC driver is an other question (maybe in a small housing on top ;-)
Old 31st March 2012, 02:23 AM   #188
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Not going that direction, Peter...sorry.
Old 31st March 2012, 05:37 PM   #189
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Quoting from the email of a V4x2-xW2 owner:

"Have plugged it into my rig and am listening to some vinyl. WOW - what a watershed moment for me... The transparency is magnificent and the bass is so clean. It has opened up the "space" in the recordings - I don't know how else to put it. I'm really amazed with how it sounds. It looks great too - NICE WORK.

Will probably listen all weekend to all my favorites."

Really a big deal for me coming from a professional -highly experienced in the music arts...his Resume:

-Professor of Music and Assistant Director at the School of Music of a Univesity in Colorado. Currently principal bassoonist of the Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra, the Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra, and the assistant principal bassoonist of the Colorado Music Festival. Also performed as principal bassoonist with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra.

-Participated in the Utah Music Festival in Park City, Utah, the Cabrillo Music Festival, the Strings in the Mountains Festival and the Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival. Studied bassoon with Crawford Best, K. David VanHoesen and John Hunt. Received the Bachelor of Science degree from Hofstra University, and the Master of Music, Doctor of Musical Arts degrees and the Performerís Certificate from the Eastman School of Music.
Old 31st March 2012, 05:41 PM   #190
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Possible multi-ch apps

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Multi-Ch Warpspeed V24 Applications.pdf (191.6 KB, 75 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!