Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control - Page 16 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2011, 12:51 AM   #151
Blues is offline Blues  United States
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

No, you can use whichever is most convenient...as long as the circuit is wired correctly and safely, all will be okay. Since the circuit runs in low current it does not require a humongous SLA battery. The design is quite robust, had been tested...but as always with electronics -accidents, random part failures, etc. are always part of the equation.
Old 19th September 2011, 02:29 AM   #152
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default When you get to a fork in the wormhole, take it!

The Warpspeed CE family is now 3...the engine options are V4, V8, and V12(under evaluation):

V4 -single input Unbalanced only with dual pairs of paralleled outputs

V8 -switchable Unbalanced (in/out) or Balanced (in/out); dual pairs of paralleled Unbalanced outputs

V12 -Unbalanced with dual pairs of outputs with separate control for high and mid/low and master volume control. Passive bi-amping taking advantage of the loudspeaker designer's optimized crossover/driver combo. Two different amps (design/gain) for high and mid/low is now possible.

The inside of the V12 is pictured...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Warpspeed CE Options 002.jpg (35.5 KB, 732 views)
File Type: jpg Warpspeed CE Options 004.jpg (39.4 KB, 711 views)
File Type: jpg Warpspeed CE Options 007.jpg (170.9 KB, 704 views)
File Type: jpg Warpspeed CE Options 009.jpg (36.0 KB, 693 views)
File Type: jpg Warpspeed CE Options 010.jpg (39.8 KB, 687 views)
File Type: jpg Warpspeed CE Options 013.jpg (37.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2324-1.jpg (15.0 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2327-1.jpg (15.8 KB, 296 views)
Old 23rd September 2011, 02:14 AM   #153
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Ahem...

Faster-than-light neutrinos? Astounding! - Technology & science - Science - msnbc.com
Old 9th October 2011, 02:01 PM   #154
diyAudio Member

Nice work...My warpspeed 10+ has now around 50 hours of listening and its the best manual volume control ever used so far....more to come....
Old 9th October 2011, 06:15 PM   #155
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Thanks Marko...but your suspense is killing me!
Old 18th October 2011, 06:52 PM   #156
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Some updates and reviews from users are here... Warpspeed Optocoupler

A thread over at the Hawthorne Audio forum has also been posted... http://www.hawthorneaudio.com/forums...php?f=8&t=4132

Last edited by Blues; 18th October 2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: x
Old 18th October 2011, 09:51 PM   #157
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default Battery Powered DeLorean! -sorry no flux caps here

An electric DeLorean in the works for 2013... Exhaust Notes - A Blog from MSN Autos - MSN Autos
Old 3rd November 2011, 05:52 AM   #158
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default UAV

For those who have been rattling my cage...work is on to develop the RC option.

Like I've been posting before, it's quite a pricey proposition because I do not want to compromise on the motorized high precision potentiometer. This is the only way I want to go to keep the precision, accuracy, repeatability, and the step resolution to deliver controlled power to the optocouplers. With it I am able to optimize an optocoupler's full response curve from totally OFF to fully ON, which gives the Warpspeed the gradual increase/decrease of volume level that we have.

Expected availability is Feb 2012...thank you all!

Old 5th November 2011, 07:01 PM   #159
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYspaceW View Post
Nice work...My warpspeed 10+ has now around 50 hours of listening and its the best manual volume control ever used so far....more to come....
Btw, DIYspaceW kept his word and sent the following by email...

"By the way the warp 10 is so great that I forgot to make reviews, that has never happened. Its the most transparent solution so far. I have also changed the output stage of the DAC, I use a 6s3p-ev tube and the output impedance is smaller, now around 1600-1800ohms.

It is difficult to make any review right now because the time I bought your warpspeed, I also got new output transformers. But it has become a real synergy between all my components now. On first note when I turned the system on I noticed the relaxation and clearness of the sound. I would say the classic R pots deform the harmonic structure of sound so much that the fine fragments get lost in space. This isn't the case with optocouplers. I noticed so much more information in music but not in analytical way, just enjoying the magic of music. The violin is violin with all the harmonics, a piano a piano...instruments are telling you their own stories...So for now I am impressed with my system and warpspeed has become a general important factor."

Thanks Marko!
Old 14th November 2011, 12:51 AM   #160
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Default The spawn...

V4 - 1-Input/2-Output(paralleled) stereo Unbalanced only
V4x2 - 2-Input/2-Output(paralleled) stereo Unbalanced only
V4x3 - 3-Input/2-Output(paralleled) stereo Unbalanced only; future product

V8 - switchable Unbalanced (1-In/2-Out paralleled) or Balanced (1-In/1-Out) stereo; No Unbal/Bal conversion
V8.1 - 1-In/1-Out Balanced only stereo with single level control
V8.2 - 1-In/1-Out Balanced only stereo with dual L/R level control

V12 - 1-In/2-Out Unbalanced only with separate controls for high, mid/low bi-amping, and a master volume control; fully tested
V16 - 1-In/3-Out Unbalanced only with separate controls for high, mid, low tri-amping, and a master volume control; future product

Updates and pic of the V4x2 here... Warpspeed Optocoupler

Hide this!Advertise here!