Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2010, 09:18 PM   #71
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
The left hand layout for me. UP-DOWN is more intuitive (than LEFT-RIGHT) for my brain for volume and "channel" (which I assume is source).
+1
layout A is more intuitive.
Old 3rd September 2010, 05:16 PM   #72
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sz_ahong
The PCB Layout have a big problem, The output filter coils,placed the same direction,it will be cross talk between each other
Old 4th September 2010, 08:59 AM   #73
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz_ahong View Post
The PCB Layout have a big problem, The output filter coils,placed the same direction,it will be cross talk between each other
The TK2050 boards which has the same output filter coil placement, doesn't have this problem.
Old 6th September 2010, 06:27 AM   #74
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick122147 View Post
The TK2050 boards which has the same output filter coil placement, doesn't have this problem.
Neither has the 41hz amps like amp9 with 8 coils next to each other.
Old 6th September 2010, 01:09 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sz_ahong
The coils without shield, the more output power,then the more magnetic-flux leakage.
Old 7th September 2010, 02:34 PM   #76
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz_ahong View Post
The coils without shield, the more output power,then the more magnetic-flux leakage.
Hi, I think find a best solution is not just see one side, if you have something to prove your option, pls show to us and we will be glad to learn.
Old 7th September 2010, 02:39 PM   #77
diyAudio Member

In my opinion, the cross talk is very weak and you can even ignore it. I prefer focus on something more important like what I'm doing.
Old 7th September 2010, 03:08 PM   #78
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
the amp 9 is 4x100watt with no crosstalk and as far as I read, the toroids are pretty good at containing the EMI.
Old 7th September 2010, 03:10 PM   #79
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

In many tube amp builds the builder will turn transformers at a 90degree angle to each other to stop crosstalk. I think that if someone were worried about it this could be a solution to try in this implementation. But if there is only the potential for crosstalk and not actually any crosstalk then there is no problem no matter how close or what position the inductors are.
Sure there is not room but you could mount half of them on the bottom of the board. Problem solved if there were even a problem.
Uriah

Last edited by udailey; 7th September 2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 7th September 2010, 04:22 PM   #80
sangram is online now sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Though you're some way along the development, I would put in another vote for a stereo setup instead of a 2.1. Most subwoofers already have a high level crossover which can be used with a stereo setup if required, and (IMHO) the use of a subwoofer in a stereo setup is in itself a compromise, being the domain of PC sound (rather than High fidelity reproduction) systems.

And a 5.1, for the HT crowd I wonder how you'll get Dolby and DTS decoding into it....

On another note, when are the T3 boards without the power supplies expected to release? As of now the shop only has the single power supply and protection board as a bundle with the T3, but I may be using my own linear supplies - I already have too many transformers and capacitors Apologies for going off topic. I do want to explore Class T, after Class D was a wipeout for me

Hide this!Advertise here!