Another project, all digital DDX amplifier - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th August 2010, 07:09 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc08 View Post
Is there any way to dim the display or timer turn it off when not in use and watching movies?
I'd argue that this feature is more important than either the color of the LCD or the size of the text on it. A single bright LED in the wrong place can be annoying, so an overly bright LCD display would be a serious design mistake.

An "auto off" setting for the display will probably suit most people, who will rarely touch the controls after they've finished configuring the amp. The DIYers who want their display to be as noticeable as possible (to impress others? ) can always disable this feature.
Old 27th August 2010, 09:45 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc08 View Post
1st thing you need to remember is that the display must be visible for a distance, I.E. 3 meters app. Too small font will make it useless as you have to get up every time just to see what it is displaying.
2nd thing is the color of the LED. White is in my oppinion neutral although red or green is pleasing to the eyes at night if contrast allows it.
3rd Is there any way to dim the display or timer turn it off when not in use and watching movies?
4th is there no way to support 192khz/24bit material with this chip (or in general)?
The module idea is great as it minimizes your workload as you only need few basic boards and som controller, psu and display. However, is there any way to make it accept blu-ray formats like DTS-MA and DD-HD (maybe you set the player to decode but output PCM via coax?).
I am totally amazed at the speed you are doing things at. Producing new boards at record pace (compared to the typical DIY pace anyways ).
Please do let me/us know if you want to brainstorm future features before jumping into production. I personally have no degree in electronics, but am very interested with clear goals for the product I might buy (was your 2050 v2 until you started this project with the 5.1 in the distance ).... and of course financial support once the project is ready for shipping .
Very useful suggestions. I think some of the ideas are already on the way.
For DTS and DD, I'm also have some idea, but will not in this one.
I will post my work before public it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackcheng View Post
I also think that support up to 24/192 would be great! Especially if balanced input is supported
I think we will support 192kHz when balance input, but before making sure, I have to test more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierAnt76 View Post
I'd argue that this feature is more important than either the color of the LCD or the size of the text on it. A single bright LED in the wrong place can be annoying, so an overly bright LCD display would be a serious design mistake.

An "auto off" setting for the display will probably suit most people, who will rarely touch the controls after they've finished configuring the amp. The DIYers who want their display to be as noticeable as possible (to impress others? ) can always disable this feature.
I agree too. So the back-light of LCM will be auto-off when there is no setup action.
Old 28th August 2010, 07:40 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

I am also excited about this new amp, curious to hear how it sounds. I'm thinking about wouldn't it be awesome if we had 4 or 6 channels and could set the crossover digital. Then we could run one channel to each speaker element (2 or 3 way) without using any analoge crossover. I guess the level would need to be adjusted between the channels also.
Anyone tried this with another setup?
Old 28th August 2010, 02:10 PM   #54
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick122147 View Post
I am also excited about this new amp, curious to hear how it sounds. I'm thinking about wouldn't it be awesome if we had 4 or 6 channels and could set the crossover digital. Then we could run one channel to each speaker element (2 or 3 way) without using any analoge crossover. I guess the level would need to be adjusted between the channels also.
Anyone tried this with another setup?
That sounds like what I read about the apogee amp (from the klipsch omnisphere Xbox xpeakers). It is a very nice idea and all active xover, digital surround amp is my next big project . As far as I remember you could change xover points, slopes etc. in the software for the chip. It looked very cool.

We need a hifimediy solution to his problem (make it modular to suit more people than me )
Old 28th August 2010, 02:16 PM   #55
diyAudio Member

Spherex Class D amps on Ebay and The Full Digital AMP to those interested.

Maybe a little inspiration
Old 29th August 2010, 11:20 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

Thanks Havoc08.
And here is news:
Finish the power off data saving function.
Make channel icon bigger.
Add a Relay on/off signal on LCM.
Old 30th August 2010, 07:32 AM   #57
diyAudio Member

And will make some configuration menu next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMu320 test2.JPG (32.0 KB, 769 views)
Old 30th August 2010, 03:11 PM   #58
diyAudio Member

Looks great so far. I'm pretty amazed at the pace of your progress with this.
Old 30th August 2010, 05:53 PM   #59
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoafToaster View Post
Looks great so far. I'm pretty amazed at the pace of your progress with this.
+1
Old 1st September 2010, 09:58 AM   #60
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

a stupid comment as a pretext to follow-up this topic
3 digits for temperature display (028C in the above example) is overkill i guess. We don't expect it to go over 99C display simply 28C would be nicer.

hifimediy, keep up good work If this sounds as good as your AMT2050 v2 amp with a DAC, you'll rule the world

Hide this!Advertise here!